“Love Clifty Inn”
Review of Clifty Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Madison
Clifty Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Great lodge. Most modern compared to Turkey Run Pokagon and Brown County Inns. Only complaint is that under the bed iss never cleaned as my daughter found a flip flop sock and candy. Totally gross to me. And lost of dirt in general.

Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed 30 March 2013

This is one of my favorite places to go and get away from it all. The rooms are great. The various lobbies and sitting areas are great to read a book and then you can go for a hike on a trail or just chill and watch the river. Absolutely love this place. Just got back from having a bonfire in the fire ring with family and friends. How many places can you do that!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 14 March 2013

In December 2012 we went on our second annual December visit to Clifty Inn. 2011 was a 2 night stay, 2012 a 4 night stay. The state park inns have a winter week night special every year, pay for 1 night get 1 night free, 2 nights get 2 nights free, Sunday through Thursday nights. Since we were only paying 50% we opted for one of the suites. December is a great time to visit the park. You are rolling the dice on weather but there are no crowds on the trails or in the area. While the food is not fancy it is very tasty and at a reasonble price. Every morning a flock of wild turkeys would come up near the dining room windows as we were having breakfast. The rooms are nicely furnished and the queen size bed was very comfortable. The tub and the shower are oversized giving plenty of room to stretch out. The suite has a small "dining" area although room service is not available. The table made it easy to sit and play games as well during relaxing family time. Free wifi service is there although the speed in the evenings is slow since that is when they do all the business related downloads. Typically within an hour it sped up again. Plenty to do in the area within easy driving distance although in the winter many places are closed on Mondays. Next December we will be back again.

Room Tip: Park side suite actually would be better labeled parking lot side suite although noise was never an...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We can echo what has already been said. Clean comfortable facility, great in-park location with a nice view, nice decor throughout and a friendly staff. This was our first visit and we will return. The only negative was the fact that no alcohol was served in the restaurant but I think this is an Indiana DNR thing. We hope that policy changes some day.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank phil521
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Expectations are never super high for the State Park Inns as they are run by Indiana and the local staff has little autonomy over decor, menu,training, etc. They are all a little tired and worn, but they are ususally acceptable for the price and the settings are wonderful. However, upon checking in we realized our room did not have the usual toiletry items and more glaringly had a used coffee filter clogging the sink. There was a small amount of mildew on the bath tile and the caulking has deteriorated badly. The next day, we recieved no housekeeping whatsoever. The evening clerk was only able to provide a fresh set of towels as the housekeeping staff had left for the day. Also unacceptable, and more upsetting to us was the fact that the hottub promoted in all their current print advertising is out of service; the staff informing us that it had been broken for a LONG time and will not be fixed (it has been permanently decked over with flooring). The dirt on the dining room ceiling is also disturbing. Problems like these really have us questioning other aspects of this property that at first glance seems so pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank 1nd1ana
Reviewed 1 February 2013

If I can, when I travel for business I try to find a hotel, inn or guesthouse that provide the convenience I need to focus on my work but one that also offers a uniquely pleasant experience. Clifty Inn fills that bill. Its staff is pleasant and nicely organized and the rooms are cozy, yet not cluttered (as some "cozy" inns have the tendancy to be). Breakfast doesn't begin until 8am, so it was a tight squeeze to fit it in before I had to leave to meet my client, but the server kindly and quickly got me my biscuits n gravy in time for me to get out on time. There is no room service, but one can order a meal to go at the dinning room cash register. I wandered the gift shop waiting for my meal to cook and then one of the servers found me and hand-delivered my meal. She was so kind to have sought me out with my packed freshly hot dinner. Overall, this isn't the best choice for a business trip if you're not flexible, but I'm glad I chose to stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 February 2013

The Clifty Inn is a better-than average place to stay at a moderate price. We stayed in a room with an Ohio River view in January, and the view was quite nice. The room was comfortable, and had its own little refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave. The place was decorated well, and was clean and well-maintained. At this time of year, we had the place pretty much to ourselves, which was great for us. The only drawback is that the view includes a power station, which sometimes makes some noise that creeps into the room at night.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a river view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Comfort Inn Madison
Best Way Inn
#6 of 7 in Madison
Holiday Inn Express Madison
General Butler State Resort

Been to Clifty Inn? Share your experiences!