“Nice, but suites are overpriced.”
Review of Clifty Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Madison
Clifty Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Madison
Louisville, Kentucky
“Nice, but suites are overpriced.”
Reviewed 2 February 2010

The suites at Clifty Inn are very nice. There is a kitchenette, dining table, sitting area and separate bedroom. The decor for a state park is a high notch above average. There is also a whirlpool tub and a multi-jet shower. The restaurant is average. There are many other great eating choices a short drive away.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Reviewed 25 August 2009

We have been coming to Clifty Falls Inn for about five years now and have never had a complaint. It's our Valentine Get-away and we always look forward to it after a long winter. We stay in the corner suite which is large and well appointed with everything we need for a wonderful, relaxing stay.
The buffet is loaded with good, down home comfort food. I always try to lose a few pounds before we go so that I can really enjoy it! *Ü* The Inn is laid out so that you can take a long walk easily if the weather is bad. There is so much to see inside! The two gift shops are very nice, well priced and with a good variety for all ages. The staff are helpful and friendly. Nearby Madison offers all types of shopping adventures, with the antique shops being our favorites. All in all, one of our favorite close-to-home destinations.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Doretta67
Reviewed 22 August 2009

We had a wonder time! Our Family visits Madison every year on Labor Day weekend this year was a shock,We can't stay in the Inn because now you have to purchase two days! We have a family of five we cant do that! However I have told everyone I know about this State park I was so happy that it was fixed up!! I have been coming to the Cliffty Inn since I was a young child!

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
UK
Reviewed 8 August 2009

Beautiful setting and the river view rooms have stunning views, as long as you look east. Western views are unfortunately dominated by large power station which also makes a constant hum,
Don't arrive hungry between 2 and 5pm because the restaurant is closed and there is nowhere to buy food in the Park
We dined once in the restaurant and were not impressed. Breakfast is not included in the room price however rooms do have fridges and microwaves and coffee makers.so you can make your own.
It was nice to have a balcony but we hardly used it as you have to be prepared to share with your neighbours as there is only minimal or no screening

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HEDGEAPPLE
Reviewed 13 July 2009

I checked into the hotel because I was worried about an approaching thunderstorm and was currently camping with a leaky tent. The rate was about $99 per night for a basic room, which didnt seem too bad for a State Park, though it was mid week and the hotel was almost empty. They put us in the older section, and gave me the wrong directions to the room and when I entered the room is smelled musty and damp. I requested a new room and they put be in a riverview room. It was newer and very nice. I would recommend that anyone who stays here pay the extra $10 or $20 for a newer riverview room.

My son wanted to swim. The pool is fairly nice. The hot tub is warm, but not hot. The pool was a nice temperature for swimming and had a basketball net set up which my son enjoyed. I was mildly annoyed that they didnt enforce any of the pool rules. The kids next to me were eating McDonalds cheeseburgers in the pool and they would drop them in the water and make a real mess. They have cameras in the pool area so it should be simple to keep an eye on things from the front desk which is only 30 feet away.

While at the hotel we had one dinner and one breakfast. The food was ok. Perhaps a bit overpriced, but not too bad. I just find it boring. My dinner was mostly cold and was mostly bread.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank JohnGreaves
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed 5 July 2009

My husband, 11 yr old daughter, and I stated at Clifty Falls Inn during a weekday and this place was much nicer than I anticipated! The rooms were very clean and spacious... enjoyed having the option of a patio or balcony off of the room to sit outside at night.
The restaurant food was pretty good, although slightly overpriced, but I suppose you are paying more for convenience.
There was a very large lounge area with plenty of board games to choose from and staff was very accommodating to let you borrow any of them for your room. The complimentary tea and coffee bar was a nice touch as well!
The pool/spa area was very clean and well maintained, though a little crowded when we were there, possibly due to the outdoor pool in the park being closed that day. The game room had a couple of arcade games which were in good working order.
The grounds of the inn and the park itself were very nice as well. Enjoyed walking the trails...
Great stay! Would definately go back again!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Shelbyville, Kentucky
Reviewed 27 June 2009

We stayed here 3 nights and had a pretty nice time. The staff there were helpful and friendly.

We got a river view room, and it was clean with up to date furnishings and a nice little patio. There wasn't much privacy on the patio, but to the left, there was a river view and view of the town of Madison. Unfortunately, looking to the right, huge smokestacks loom from the nearby Clifty Creek Power Plant. The constant hum of the power plant is noticeable but not really too bad. I just didn't enjoy the sight of those smokestacks in an otherwise beautiful place. Fortunately, you can do some hiking elsewhere in the park and get away from that.

We ate at the restaurant multiple times. I wasn't overly impressed - it was decent - but my husband was liking the food. Then again, he got fried chicken every time! I believe that's a specialty there and probably the best thing, in my opinion. There are also a lot of nice little spots in Madison to eat, though.

Overall, I would go back again, although probably not for an extended trip, and probably more to hike than anything else. If you don't mind the power plant, it's really quite beautiful otherwise, and between shopping in Madison and hiking in the park, there's plenty to do.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Hillside Inn
#2 of 7 in Carrollton
Hampton Inn Carrollton
Hampton Inn Carrollton
#1 of 7 in Carrollton

Been to Clifty Inn? Share your experiences!