“beautiful'”

Azalea Manor Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Madison
Azalea Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 7 Madison B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 May 2014

me and my wife spent the weekend here.it was so lovely shirly made our stay
so relaxing loved our breakfast gonna miss them lol! I would highly recommend too
anyone the bed and breakfast,we will be back there,I love madison Ind so peaceful'

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stephens6807

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We were fortunate enough to spend a long weekend at the Azalea Manor Bed and Breakfast in historic Madison IN. Shirley, the owner, was a delightful hostess, providing us with information on the town and the sites to see and enjoy. The accommodations were stellar. The inn is incredibly clean and extremely charming with antique furnishings and décor. I loved sitting on the big porch in the swings sipping wine from one of the local wineries. We had a lovely stay and would recommend the Azalea Manor for a nice getaway in a truly charming town.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Two years ago in the Ball State University Alumni magazine, I read about Azalea Manor. This year at Christmas, my husband and I decided to take a short trip together instead of shopping for gifts, so I pulled out the article and we called for reservations for the weekend after Christmas. We returned from our weekend today and have so many sweet memories - beautiful decorating of the home with attention to details; delicious breakfasts with fresh fruit and orange juice; conversations revealing so much in common with Shirley, our hostess (Innkeeper/owner); her knowledgeable suggestions for sight-seeing and dining, the carriage ride through historic Madison (arranged by Shirley). Our room was clean, decorated with antiques and other interesting wall decor (documents and drawings); the water was hot; the bed was oh so comfortable. We were so relaxed there - felt so welcome - were free to use any part of the house not occupied - we felt at home, and we are planning a return trip in Spring or Summer.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2013

My husband surprised me with a trip to Madison, IN for my birthday. Azalea Manor Bed & Breakfast was the place he chose for us to stay. It is a wonderful B & B. Shirley Smalley, the innkeeper, is such a joy and so helpful to her guests. Azalea Manor is very beautiful and each room is appointed with pieces appropriate for the time the home was built. We felt right at home and enjoyed the freshly baked cookies and snacks Shirley had for us each day. She helped my husband arrange a carriage ride for us as another surprise for me. She explained everything we needed to know to make our stay enjoyable. Breakfasts were scrumptious, filling and gourmet in nature. Azalea Manor, along with Shirley, are hidden jewels and I would highly recommend them to anyone visiting Madison!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We booked this beautiful B&B for a Birthday get away. I wasn't sure how it would turn out being short notice. Shirley and her home were a delight! We loved it and she was very personable. Just a sweet heart. She made fresh cookies everyday and had snacks available for her guest. There were many brochures in the foyer to plan activities! A nice touch if you weren't prepared for things to do. This home is beautiful. I am so glad she has opened it up to guest to visit. Thank you Shirley, we had a wonderful visit and birthday weekend!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My wife & I went for a long weekend to the Azalea Manor Bed & Breakfast in Madison, Indiana. Madison is an historic small town along the Ohio River. A lovely town, with plenty of shops, and lots of friendly people. Azalea B&B, owned & run by Shirley Smalley, is a gem of a place, and is an historic building in its own right. Each room has its own dedicated bathroom (no sharing; yay!), and is located within each of the rooms. The home is beautifully and tastefully decorated with antiques, yet is very comfortable and doesn't feel like a museum. There is a room downstairs, and several rooms upstairs. There is a porch/patio area on the ground floor, and a great veranda upstairs, with plenty of spots to sit, and enjoy the garden area or the hanging plants and the breeze. Shirley is a consummate hostess, and makes some wonderful breakfasts (hot meals, fresh fruit, great dessert breads) for her guests. Coffee, teas, juices are also available; she even keep fresh baked cookies on hand, in case an evening snack is "needed". The Egg casserole with fresh vegetables, and the French toast are absolutely wonderful, and provide much needed fuel to walk about town and see the sights. And you can easily see the sights, for Azalea Manor is on the main street in town, and just a short distance from her front door. The relaxing, peaceful, and nurturing atmosphere provided a great opportunity to slow down, and truly enjoy what a small town should be. Yay, Madison, and Yay Azalea Manor! Also, Madison is very tourism-oriented, with a variety of festivals & special events thru the year. The end of Sepetmber is the Chautauqua Festival, which is an art festival that is huge, and consists of artists from all over, and maybe some crafts. Shirley is very knowledgeable about this and all the other special happenings in town. There are 2 wineries in town, and one often has live music on the weekends (The Thomas Winery). The overall experience was excellent; Azalea Manor is a lovely place, in a wonderful little town. My wife and I highly recommend this lovely B&B, and would certainly consider going again!

Room Tip: We had the Federalist room, decorated in early american. Think George Washington, etc. Each room has...