“Worst Customer Service” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Madison
Cincinnati, OH
“Worst Customer Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

This was my worst experience in a hotel - I called for the address and the woman at the front desk was very rude. When I got there they had the wrong room and I wasn't able to stay (they only had a room with one bed & I had booked two) and the entire time she was rude and never apologized and just tried to blame it on someone else. Furthermore, they had called twice the week prior to confirm my reservation and both times I confirmed that it had 2 Queen beds and they assured me they had it correct.
I never made it to my room, but the lobby was very dingy and they had a weird program about people being attacked by an ax. Thankfully I had come with friends and no children as it was definitely not family friendly.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rebekah C
megan_ann_13, General Manager at Super 8 Madison/Hanover Area, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
I would like to apologize to you for the inconveniences you may have encountered while being at our hotel. I would like to state that when you called and talked to my front desk manager she was very kind to you on the phone and even offered to look up directions on map quest to help you arrive to our hotel. You booked through an online travelweb which they were the ones that indeed but you into a room with a single bed. They were the ones that had charged your card and had sent us the wrong room type for your reservation. She tried to offer to move you to a different room but that was unsuccessful. At the moment that you arrived there were other guest in the lobby that had requested to remote and they are the ones that had chose to watch what was playing on the television. Our guest have permission to watch what they please in our lobby. I am very sorry that you had an experience like this but I hope you can look past all of this and give us another chance. Using online travelwebs are sometimes a horrible choice as they charge more and sometimes send out the wrong info which happened in your case

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

The staff was friendly. The room was clean. The bathroom shower door was broken on the bottom and there was mold in the shower. I understand the hotel is being upgraded, so I'm sure the bathrooms will be fixed in the future. We did not try out the breakfast, since we went into the Madison Historic District to run, and stopped by the local bakery for donuts (which were yummy!). But, the hotel breakfast sounded good.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
megan_ann_13, General Manager at Super 8 Madison/Hanover Area, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We are in the process of upgrading our rooms but they are being upgraded slowly. We are doing certain things at first but we soon hope that our rooms will all be upgraded. The next time you come to the Madison area I hope you can give us another chance and try out our INNcredible breakfast. Thank you
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

Although I agree that the rooms and carpets need to be updated, most of the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The young girl that was working when we were there seemed as if she didn't want to be bothered with anything. She was more involved with her phone than helping us. The breakfast was wonderful! Very few hotels offer hot foods. Yes you have to warm the eggs, bacon and sausage, but if I wanted my breakfast delivered to me hot, I would have gone to a restaurant. My family and I will definitely be back again!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
megan_ann_13, General Manager at Super 8 Madison/Hanover Area, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
I would like to start out by saying thank you for your kind words. The young lady that you were most likely talking about is no longer with us. I do agree that our rooms need to be updated and we are in the process of doing so. We can only do certain things at once but they are getting upgraded. We are really delighted that your stay with us was delightful. We would love for you to come stay with us again int he near future
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

We came from out of town for a blues and BBQ festival for a much deserved weekend getaway. The service desk was very nice and helpful but once we got into our room it was not what we expected for $140 a night. We had room 201 a hot tub room. The room smelled really bad, there were dead bugs and dirt in the hot tub, there was dirt and scum foot prints in the shower, the toilet clearly hadn't been cleaned because there was a dirt ring in it to! One of the lights didn't work, when I pulled back the sheets there was a short dark hair inside the sheets and on the top blanket there were unidentifiable stains that appeared to be body fluids ?! Obviously we did not stay in this room because it was disgusting. We were offered and shown another room that we were told that was the room that the regional manager stays in when they come to town. Once inside this room you could clearly see that someone had been laying on the bed as there were indentions in the pillows and blankets. As a walk through of this room did not seem much better then the previous room. We were assured we will have a refund but it is the weekend so we are still waiting. The real inconvenience was there were no other places to stay in town due to the festival going on in town so we had to drive all the way home. I do not recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rueredd27
megan_ann_13, General Manager at Super 8 Madison/Hanover Area, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
I am sorry that you had a bad stay with us. I assure you that our rooms are clean and are inspected daily and that we get our rooms sprayed every 2 weeks to make sure that all bugs are dead. The bug that was found in the hot tub was a dead bug. I understand this makes the room look dirty. As for the sheets I am sorry that this had happened to you but my front desk manager went to the room and there was no hair in the bed, the shower and toilet were clean and there were no dirty marks in these. After she offered to move you to a different room you say that the bed had been slept in. I am sorry ma'am but those sheets were changed that day. Again I am sorry for any inconvenience that you may had during your trip but the money has been refunded to your card. Thank you for your business and we hope that you give us another try
Destin, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

My husband and I spent the night here and was very unhappy. Upon arrival the front desk clerk was very friendly and tried to be helpful but we had made reservations on phone and specified we needed lower level room but didn't get one. We spoke with manager and she acted like we were bothering her or she was too busy. She said nothing she could do. She was very young and not very professional at all. We asked to speak to her boss and she wouldn't give us the information to contact. This seemed like nobody cared except for front desk girl working and she said she couldn't change it. I thought this was the reason to make a reservation. Then we checked in room and linens are very stained and dirty looking. We asked for clean linens and it took over a hour to get anybody with those to our room. The televisions are big, old and don't even have a clear picture. The rooms are so dated. It should have been a $30.00 a night hotel. Awful experience.....

Room Tip: Different Hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ben T
I would like to start out by saying we are very sorry for any problems that you have had when staying with us. I am not quite sure what happened with your reservation but we only have 4 rooms downstairs that are two beds which I am not sure if this is what you had or not. We do our best to accommodate every bodies needs and request but sometimes we are not able to do so. I hope that you can understand that sometimes a request cannot always be met and that you give us another chance. I can guarantee that if you happen to stay with us again that your stay would be great and we would be able to give you a downstairs rooms. Thank you for your business
Morristown, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

I reserved the presidential suite 2 months prior to out trip. Once we were at the front desk checking in, we were given a standard 2Qn room. I told the lady that we reserved the presidential suite. She informed me that it had been booked for a week already & wouldn't be available even into next wk.
What good is a reservation if you aren't going to get what you reserved? I asked for a refund (which she did) & I called the Holiday Inn Express next door. They set us up with a suite on short notice & we were much happier.
A side note- this hotel didn't have nice decor- most everything in the lobby was shabby. I never did see the rooms though.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Amy M
megan_ann_13, General Manager at Super 8 Madison/Hanover Area, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
I want to start out by apologizing for your previous problems with this hotel. Since you last visited we have replaced the General Manager, which was part of the reason why you did not receive the room that you had booked with us. The previous GM placed somebody into that room without looking ahead to see if that room was taken and when we realized that that the room had been booked she inexcusably reassigned you to a different room type without calling you all for your consistent and for saving you the trouble of stopping in if you did not want that room type. I again we are sincerely sorry for your inconveniences that you have experienced with us. we would really appreciate it if you would simply give us another try. Thank you
Bluffton, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

We recently spent three nights in Madison due to a family illness and hospitalization. We chose Country Hearth because we had stayed there before and found the inn to be clean and comfortable, and the staff to be pleasant and accomodating. Upon arrival we were greeted by Connie's smiling face and she set about getting us checked in. Due to recent shoulder surgery I had some some special needs for sleeping which I explained to her. She responded to this expertly and altered our room assingment to meet those needs. Once in our room, we found it to be clean, neat and comfortable. Throughout our stay Jill (GM) and her entire staff interacted with with us to insure we were not in need of anything and that our stay was as pleasant as possible. We have found nothing negitive about our past stays at Country Hearth Inn. We Will Be Back!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank david p
megan_ann_13, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Madison/Hanover Area, responded to this review, 24 March 2013
You guys were wonderful. Very nice. Thank you for your kind words and I am so very glad that our staff and my GM Jill was accomodating. She is a great Boss. We really enjoyed you all staying with us it was a joyful experience. If you are ever down in this area again give us a call we would love to have you all stay again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Hillside Inn
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Scottsburg
Red Roof Inn Carrollton
Red Roof Inn Carrollton
#2 of 7 in Carrollton

Been to Super 8 Madison/Hanover Area? Share your experiences!