“Great Hospitality”

Comfort Inn Madison
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Madison
“Great Hospitality”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I stay here about every 3 months and they are very nice and always have the the greatest service! I love this hotel and would definitely recommend it to all my friends! The rooms are always clean and the service is always with a smile

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Glenda260, General Manager at Comfort Inn Madison, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for the kind words about our hotel. The staff was happy to hear this. We look forward to seeing you again soon when you are in Madison!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Indiana
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Madison Indiana over Memorial Day weekend 2014. We had pre booked our room on choicehotels.com a few months in advance. The room was more expensive than expected, but I thought maybe it was due to it being a holiday weekend. A few days before we checked in, I checked rates again and while there were no rooms available that exactally matched the room we booked, the nicest rooms at the hotel were available for less than I booked for. My reservation would not let me cancel and rebook a few days out. Lesson learned. I won't prebook a room with choicehotels.com that far out again. Knowing I overpaid for the room affected the way I felt about the hotel.

Check in was quick and the hotel staff was friendly and helpful throughout the entire stay. The main areas were clean but the entire hotel is starting to feel just a little worn out. Our room was suprisingly big, The king bed was comfortable and the bedding was nice. Our room had a kitchen area with a sink, mini fridge, cabinets, countertop, microwave, toaster, and standard hotel room coffee pot. This was a nice feature as we like to have snacks etc in the room. The room had a large closet with safe. The television was standard, but the remote did not work well (maybe batteries needed changed). The bathroom was ok. The shower had wonderful water pressure! My only complaint here is that all of the water faucets were really outdated and brought the feel of the room down a notch. The room was pretty clean, but slightly worn out feeling.

There is a nice outdoor deck behind the hotel with tables and chairs. It is connected to an enclosed patio which is connected to the pool area. We were excited to sit out and enjoy the sun one afternoon until we realized this was the smoking area. Even the outdoor area reeked like a stale ashtray. We did not use the pool during our visit.

Breakfast was average, but very busy. There was not enough seating for everyone. The hotel staff had a hard time keeping up with demand for hot foods and people were standing around waiting for food.

We stayed at this hotel a few years ago and gave it a wonderful review. I am not sure if the hotel has gone down a little since our last stay, or if I just expected more for the price I paid. It was clean, in a good location, and ok. I would stay here again if I found a good rate.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank couplenindy
Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.It sounds like overall you had a pleasant stay. Rates do fluctuate every season due to special events and when and where a reservation is booked.We are a smoke-free hotel,but we try to make every effort to accommodate all of our guests,therefore we offer smoking posts on our back deck. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area.
Saint Louis, MO
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed for three nights over the Memorial Day weekend while visiting Madison and the surrounding area. The staff was very welcoming and attentive. We had a 2 Queen room on the third floor facing the highway junction. In addition to two beds the room had a small refrig and microwave. The room was small and there was not much room to move around. There was a small table with lamp and ice bucket that was barely big enough to set up a laptop. Had problems with a new A/C unit. It was hard to keep the room cool without setting the controls to 67 degrees or cooler. The A/C unit is positioned across from the head of the bed nearest the window. This is a strange arrangement since the person sleeping in that bed gets a blast of air in the face every time the unit comes on. In most hotels we have stayed in the A/C unit is in the corner of the room at the foot of the beds. Speaking of cooling the hallways were very warm and A/C units on both ends appeared to be off. The bathroom was the only part of the room that was of ample size but it needed more light over the shower/tub area. The room was clean and the beds had multiple pillows.

The breakfast offerings in the morning were good with a variety of hot and cold offerings. They did not change from morning to morning. Some variety for those staying more than one night would be nice. Our issue with breakfast was the size of the room. It was entirely too small for the number of guests. A limited number of tables (around 6) filled quickly and one morning we were forced to eat in the walkway to the elevator while guests picked up newspapers from the small table we were attempting to eat from. The breakfast hostess like the rest of the staff was very nice and tried to do what she could to keep the room clean and stocked but at times she seemed frazzled by the overflow crowds.

The hotel location is convenient to both lower and upper Madison and Ciifty Falls SP. It would be OK for an overnight stay but I would not recommend it for multiple nights or a base for an extended stay in the Madison area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back of the hotel to cut down on highway noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Recman
We are sorry that your weekend stay was not as enjoyable as you had hoped. We like to get feedback from our guests,so that we can continue to improve.It is true that on busy holiday weekends our breakfast gets busy,but we do offer it for 3 hours, so that everyone has a chance to sit down and eat. We would appreciate it if you would visit us again on your next getaway.
Moon Township, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Checked in by a very nice friendly lady. The way it should be. Only problem with this hotel is they do not have a work out room. Wish I had known that before making reservations. I thought all Comfort Inns had them. Nice room, quiet place, would recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: There is no fitness center here.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gary K
Glenda260, General Manager at Comfort Inn Madison, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.We are pleased that you enjoyed the peace and quiet and friendliness of our staff. We regret that we do not have a work out facility,but we do offer a heated indoor pool and sauna.We hope you will visit us again!
Kentucky
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This hotel was very accommodating during my short stay. After searching for options around the Madison area, I chose the Comfort Inn due to it's good ratings. I was greeted and checked in quickly by a friendly staff member (I think her name was Taya or Tanya). The room was very comfortable and clean; all of those little extras that I needed were available (toothbrush, etc). I was surprised to have a microwave and small fridge which came in handy! I've stayed at another hotel in Madison before and found this hotel to be more comfortable and updated. The breakfast was outstanding, much more variety than I expected and very tasty! I read a previous review from a person who needed to fax something...I also had to use their fax services and was very happy with the girl who helped me (Taya?). She told me up front there was a small fee (a few cents) per page for the fax and I was more than happy to pay. I would highly recommend this hotel if you're in the area for a short or long stay. The staff is very pleasant and makes an effort to ensure your comfort. Also, I dined at the Crystal and Jules restaurant (Taya? suggested) and it was the best meal I've had in a long time!

Room Tip: My standard room was at the end of the hall and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank VsDestinations
Glenda260, General Manager at Comfort Inn Madison, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your review about our hotel. Our staff was very happy that it was an enjoyable experience for you. We hope to see you again in your future travels.
Ft thomas
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I was traveling for work, I asked the lady at the desk if she could fax a document (personal)for me she said sure took the document and faxed it. After she confirmed the fax went through and then asked what room to charge the fax to. I said you didn't mention a charge before you faxed I'm traveling for business and this was personal it cannot be charged to the room. She said well don't you have the money. I said I do but you didn't mention a fee for the fax. She threw the papers at me and told me to just take them.
Rooms are dated, bathroom is dark, there was a bar of soap from whoever was in the room before me in the shower.
Would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Erikwitt
We were disappointed to find out that your stay was not satisfactory.We take pride in the courtesy of our front desk staff and regret that you did not have that same experience.We hope that you will give us another chance in the future.
Haubstadt
Reviewed 18 November 2013

A little bit on the pricey side for the room but it was clean, the staff was friendly, and the breakfast was great. There are some great places to eat near by near or in Madison Indiana. I recommend Harry's Stone Grill.

Room Tip: Ask for room on first floor near front desk. Very convenient and quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank klf65
Glenda260, General Manager at Comfort Inn Madison, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give our hotel such a wonderful review ! We are so pleased that we could make your stay a pleasant one.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Hillside Inn
Cobblestone Hotel and Suites Charlestown
Hampton Inn Carrollton
Hampton Inn Carrollton
#1 of 7 in Carrollton

Been to Comfort Inn Madison? Share your experiences!