“Awesome”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Madison
Fort Worth, Texas
“Awesome”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My wife and I spent 4 days in the Hillside Inn in beautiful downtown Madison, Indiana. The rooms were spacious and the views awesome. We definitely plan to spend more time in the Madison area. Hopefully we will get that chance soon. Our rooms was readily available and my sister had a similar experience. Rooms were very clean.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank George T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I had stayed here several times over the past four years. Beautiful view. I reserved my room for me, my son, & our 13# beagle, for my only daughter's wedding. Hillside is "pet friendly" and charged a pet fee. I paid $404 on arrival for our three night stay. Our dog rarely barks, but did bark when my daughter came last night to stay with us. Our dog snored through the night and I never went to sleep bc of stress. My daughter, son, & almost son in law were going to go into town and let me sleep a bit. As soon as her fiance walked in, the dog barked-dogs do bark, ours not very much. The front desk called lying that ppl were complaining and we had to leave bc"they were fully booked tonight" including us and my eldest son. They said the dog had to go to the rehearsal and wedding. That cannot happen. We were "homeless" 3 hours from home, already prepayed in a "pet friendly" hotel, prepping for rehearsal. We drove all the way back to Indy and have to drive back Sat morning and back to Indy after the reception bc they stole our rm and screwed us at such a precious time!! Not only did they illegally break our contract, they charged me another $105!!! I did not complain about cigarette smoke or the baby roach in the tub. Black mold in the bathroom. Wet beds from the rms being so humid-we brought our own blankets. And lack of food for breakfast. I've contacted my atty bc of what they did to us! I am a stroke survivor and have afib. They caused my heart to go into a very bad rythm. They caused so much pain for me, I am actually shocked they've not contacted me. Never, ever will I be there again and please think about this mistreatment bf you go to this place.

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank Paulease
Bloomington, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Overlooking the Ohio River and the town of Madison while sitting on our private balcony was great. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Quite relaxing! We will be back.

Room Tip: most rooms have balconies. a few do not.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Newburgh, Indiana
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Second time to stay here in recent months. The Suite on the 3rd floor is a great place to enjoy the riverfront of Madison. Whirlpool, fireplace, huge balcony, what's not to like. We hope to get back soon. Will be there for next years Derby, enjoy

Room Tip: Room 302 is the best
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank roger g
Nashville, Indiana
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This hotel is in a great location overlooking historic Madison. It is very clean, older but updated very well with excellent furnishings and comforts. At every turn there were nice touches that made us feel welcome and valued, the least of which were real glasses (not plastic) and coffee mugs. The beds are great and the staff is awesome. We missed the complimentary breakfast and so can't comment on that. We would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony on the top floor if possible.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Bellefontaine, Ohio
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I love the location high on a hill overlooking the town below. Having a private balcony overlooking the town and the river was awesome, especially at night. Even though the weather was chilly, it was so relaxing to sit at the table on the balcony and enjoy the lights below. We also enjoyed watching 3 deer graze on the lawn below us that evening. It is very conveniently located for walking to the river-walk area and also to all the cute and unique shops on Main Street. The hotel itself appears old-style and quaint, is somewhat cramped as far as lobby and hallway spaces, and looks like it could be "refreshed", but the room itself was very neat, welcoming and spacious. All was very clean throughout the hotel, and the staff was very pleasant. The breakfast area is very large, spacious and clean, and the breakfast was adequate. We would stay here again with no hesitation.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay here. The beds are very comfortable. The soaps,Qtips, and cotton balls are a nice touch. The breakfast was good. The view nice. And the service was great.I really like the fact that they are American owned. This place needs a little updating, but it is not at all dumpy. Mainly the TVs, (they are older) The air in my room wasn't working so they brought me a fan which worked well. All in all I would stay here again for sure, and I recommended to a couple I met in town.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Comfort Inn Madison
Holiday Inn Express Carrollton
Hampton Inn Carrollton
Hampton Inn Carrollton
#1 of 7 in Carrollton

Been to Hillside Inn? Share your experiences!