“Really rustic”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Madison
Riverboat Inn and Suites
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 6 October 2013

If you would like some modern conviences try another place. The rooms our group were in were so far from front desk you had to drive to get there. Our room was very small and had no clock, no phone and a television that was so small you had to sit on end of bed to see picture. I think it was a 12" screen. Our towels were all mismatched with different colors and patterns on the bath, hand and washcloths (when we got them). Their was no bars of soap so when you wanted to wash your hands you had to go in a walk in shower and dispense liquid soap from a dispenser on the far wall. There was a refrigerator that shut off everytime you turned the lights off and a microwave that never did work. If you wanted ice you walked outside the rooms down a walkway and if you were lucky there would be a bag of ice in an old chest type ice box. Of course everyone would stick their hands in the bag of ice so it was definitely not very sanitary. To get to front desk you drove down the street ,past a very good shrimp house restaurant, up a windy hill and there was the front desk, with a bar and I think a small restaurant inside although I never saw anyone eating there. The bar service was very slow as the bartender was also the front desk clerk checking in/ out guests, answering the Phone and also the waitress/waiter serving customers who were out side the building in the patio. I think I will look for another place next time I'm in the area.

Room Tip: I can not think of any tips.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank countryy
riverboatmadison, Front Office Manager at Riverboat Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

We greatly apologize that our service and the facilities that you had were not up to your or our standards. Your comments do provide with several things to insure that we double check before our guests arrive. We do strive to provide a better experience for our guests so if you do come back to Madison we would welcome a chance to better serve you in the future and recover our reputation with you.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

A great place to stay in downtown Madison, relax in the evening with a coke, beer or glass of wine while you sit outside around the fireside with your friends. Watch the river boats or new bridge construction in preparation for the incredible slide of the new bridge. The rooms are very clean and the beds comfortable. The Inn is within walking distance to the awesome Key West Shrimp House.

Room Tip: River view
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dave A
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed for 12 days, easy walking distance to town bars and restaurants, fantastic shrimp restaurant just down the drive, room was basic, not cleaned very well in shower room. Had room 115 avoid at all costs, staff outside talking loudly from 01-00 hours to 03-00 hours and between 03-00 hours to 05-00 hours, bangs on ceiling through the night from people above, very little sleep throughout the stay.
Katie and staff were very helpful. If anyone wishes to stay here long term opt for the upstairs suites,

Room Tip: Upstairs suites, all with river views and balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We found this place on trip advisor during a road trip north, needed a place to stay in Madison as it was too hot to camp. From the minute we arrived, we were treated like family, a rare treat in a hotel today. They have a nice porch with a view of the river, a small bar, and cookies in the evening. We wished we could have stayed longer, as we truly enjoyed our one night here. Rooms are small, but clean and taken care of. A great value in our opinion. Our room had a Harley Davidson bedside lamp complete with sound effects. High kitch value, if that makes you laugh. Thanks for a nice stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank tallybiker
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Went with a large group of friends for a weekend of riding our bikes. We rented room 105 in the Pilot House. I was told on the phone it was large with an eat in kitchen. It was large and cutely decorated like country. I was surprised to find there is NO silverware or pots & pans or dishes in the kitchen. What good is it if you cant use the kitchen? Had a coffee pot with no coffee, no paper towels...cabinets were empty except for a few plastic cups and coffee cups. Also, no hand soap in the bathroom and in order to call the front desk I had to use my cell phone to get a hair dryer. I must say the view from the main hotel on the patio is amazing with the new bridge. I really enjoyed hanging out there with friends but the single guitar entertainment was fine if you like to hear "If I had a hammer"...and that was one of the good songs.Breakfast was cold and you had to stand in line to microwave it. No ashtrays to be found so we had to use a beer can. I must say the rooms was clean but had a musty smell Pool was dirty and never saw anyone cleaning it. I would stay here again with a group but never just a getaway with my husband and I. I think with just a few changes this place could be number one.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank karen&roy
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Rooms are small but clean. The location is on the river and a large porch area stretches across the back with lots of seating and tables. The staff was friendly and they have a small bar there if you want a drink. For the money it was good.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank tgerberm
Reviewed 25 August 2013

My husband and I stayed here on a Saturday to get away from all the chaos of our recent wedding. We were looking for a quiet place to relax and spend some time together. However, this is not the place for peace and quiet. It is a very old building. It smells badly and you can hear every little sound anyone next to you, above you or outside make. This is a popular hangout for bikers - nothing against them, but their bikes were loud and woke us up many times. There was a lot of drinking going on also and we could even hear the people talking outside and in the room next to us. Lets not forget that the room was ridiculously small, and there were BUGS! I saw many bugs. There was an ugly air freshener in the closet, but for $115.00 a night this place was a complete rip off!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katie B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Hillside Inn
Holiday Inn Express Carrollton
Hampton Inn Scottsburg
Hampton Inn Scottsburg
#1 of 6 in Scottsburg

Been to Riverboat Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!