“Fine Hotel for $”

Holiday Inn Express Madison
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Very standard HIE with the difference being the people. Always properly friendly, not artificial.
Property is always clean and well maintained.
Breakfast is always on time with breakfast staff working silently to assure everything works.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Madison

Reviewed 25 July 2011

We only stayed one night, with a rewards night at that. That said, it was fine. The room was clean, perhaps a bit damp from the a/c. After all, it was in the upper 90's while we were there. The jacuzzi was in fine working order as well. The bed wasn't great, it was hard and had a plastic cover under the sheet. I don't know the last time I stayed in a hotel with plastic covers so close to your skin. Too hot! The breakfast room was stocked with all the usual carb offerings, but plenty to get your day going. The attendant was so nice, and did a great job. All front desk personnel were great as well. As there are no upscale properties in Madison, this was fine. It isn't all that far to get downtown- 5 minutes? And Clifty Falls north entrance is about the same.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cruzr4ever
Reviewed 12 February 2011

This hotel was just okay...I was dissapointed that it wasn't closer to historic Madison and I really thought it wasn't worth the price. Our biggest complaint was that we did not get ANY sleep. We were on the second floor (room 234) and it sounded like there was a bowling alley above us. Every time I would manage to doze off it would sound like an elephant traipsing around upstairs. The breakfast was okay...not as many healthy choices as I would have liked. Pool looked dirty. I definately will book elsewhere when I return. I was really expecting more with this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shifty_travels
Reviewed 12 February 2011

In my younger life I was in convention sales for Hyatt & Hilton, so I know what a hotel can be. These days I travel small towns and stay in less expenive hotels. My cleints are asked to recommend a holel that is clean and inexpensive, so I don't expect much.

But, when I arrived at the Holiday Inn Express, it was very different! The lobby was bright and clean. The front desk clerk, Alyce, was extremely pleasant, charming, and a delight.
Not only was everything clean, but it seemed to sparkle.

The room was quiet, spacious, well equipped, and comfortable. There were no lingering smells. I'm a light sleeper and seldom get much sleep the first night in s strange location. Yet, here, I slept through the whiole night and was amazed when the alarm went off!

Normally I skip the breakfast bar due to questionable menu and cleanliness. This one was different.There was an attendant who made sure I had everything I needed. The food was fresh and tasty. The area was clean and inviting. Even the coffee was good. I didn't want to leave.

In the lobby, the staff was cleaning the baseboards and seem to take pride in doing so. Just imagine that!

While there, say hello to the morning manager, Missy! You'll find her to be friendly, professional, and a wealth of information. And, if you need them, the indoor pool and exercise rooms are really cool, clean, and inviting.

The only CON: the hotel is not located in a city I frequent.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 August 2010

From the moment we arrived the staff was warm,welcoming and cheerful from the desk manager to the laundry staff! The hotel has beautiful furnishings, a lovely pool room off the main lobby and the breakfast bar had everything you could want. Historic Madison, Ind. and Clifty Falls State Park are very close; a variety of restaurants are near by making this a perfect Birthday gift .

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2010

We stayed here during a visit to Clifty Falls State Park. The hotel was very clean & well kept. The staff was very informative & the price was great too. I will certainly stay here the next time I visit Madison!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2008

My husband and I have stayed at this Holiday Inn Express twice and have found it to be clean and comfortable--nothing fancy but entirely adequate. During our most recent stay, the staff people we encountered--with the exception of the woman who serviced the breakfast area--were particularly nice and friendly.
My one real complaint: Our recent stay coincided with Madison's annual tour of historic homes and with homecoming at Hanover College, located a few miles from Madison--and rates at the Holiday Inn Express seemed very high, both in comparison to other lodging in Madison and for the quality of the hotel. Following two nights at the Holiday Inn Express, we spent another two nights at a true luxury hotel, which cost just $20 per night more than the Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Comfort Inn Madison
Holiday Inn Express Carrollton
Hampton Inn Carrollton
Hampton Inn Carrollton
#1 of 7 in Carrollton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Madison? Share your experiences!