“Enjoy the Minimums at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Marion”

Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Marion
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Marion
Reviewed 4 September 2013

A short, two- day stay in Marion made it necessary to select a place of lodging. Marion doesn’t have many hotels, so the selection is limited, but America’s Best Value Inn seemed to suit our minimal needs.

This hotel and suites covers most of the basics. The rooms have two large beds, a small living area with a fold- out sofa bed, two televisions, mini- refrigerator, and microwave. The space inside isn’t very large, but it is large enough to satisfy a family of three or four. Outside the room, guests will find a small indoor pool and hot tub, vending machines, an exercise room, and a business center. They also serve a complimentary breakfast each day so you can wake up, grab a bite to eat, and get on your way.

So, the minimums are covered and that is nice. But the problem with this roughly 60- room place of lodging is that minimum seems to apply in most every sense of the word. I already pointed out the smaller size of the suites, but that is only the beginning. The exercise room has only two pieces of exercise equipment and two dumbbells. The pool and hot tub are small and there are minimal chairs to sit on around the pool. The business center has only one computer. The view from the suites isn’t much, with one side looking squarely at a small batch of trees and the other side looking at the state route highway. And the free breakfast? Well, they cut corners by serving microwaved foods. The best bet is to eat the cereal since it at least tastes just like what you eat at home.

Does all of this make America’s Best Value Inn a bad place to stay? Not at all- it just isn’t anything impressive. I did find the personnel helpful although one woman at the front desk was prone to making inappropriate, unprofessional statements. When everything is added up, you have an average place of lodging that is priced appropriately. There are few places to stay in Marion and this one is likely as good as any, so enjoy the minimums offered at America’s Best Value Inn. It could be better, but it could also be worse so grin, bear it, and make the most of your limited stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bryan_Carey
There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Marion

Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed one night here on our way to Indianapolis. The staff was very courteous and helpful. I was a member of the Value club so I received a room upgrade for free. Our queen suite (with 2 queen beds and a sofa bed) was smaller than I would have thought for a suite. The room was clean, but does need some upgrading as does the rest of the hotel. Pool was not heated but the kids didn't seem to mind. Breakfast was hot and ready right at 6am, hashbrowns, sausage, waffle maker, bagels, toast, donuts, cereal, juice, milk, and pop tarts were available. This was the quietest hotel we have ever stayed. Our room was on the 3rd floor and I never heard another guest or even a door shut. While the hotel was to my standards, I can't complain too much because of the price. Overall, it was just okay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Stayed here for 1 night, no other one available in Muncie. Quiet place, front desk girl was very personable. Room clean, nothin fancy. Beds too soft for our liking. Pool was very very cold, not heated.(not a big deal) Hot tub was nice. Breakfast food was not the best, microwaved sausage, cereal, bagels. The waffle maker was very good, (self serve) We liked how quiet it was and was right by highway. All in all a good place, price was OK, (priceline website)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Outside this place looks pretty good. Inside its not bad either. I was expecting to smell curry when I walked in but did not. It was late/early am when I arrived and the night shift desk person was average, not the sharpest knife in the drawer but got the job done. Put me on the third floor and was not knowledgeable that their hotel had an elevator. Had me climbing the stairs even after I asked where the elevator was LOL, only until I found it on my own was a able to use it. I counted my blessings though and had a roof over my head in the wee hours when I really needed it. Decent place, quiet. Bed wasn't the most comfortable either but I went to sleep anyway.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We selected this hotel because it was near Indiana Wesleyan University (IWU); we were attending a basketball tournament. There isn’t much up here in the way of lodging; this hotel a pleasant surprise! The rooms were spacious, the linens clean, the A/C worked very well, and the staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was average – nothing fancy, but it did have a couple hot items (scrambled eggs and sausage the day we were there). The cost was an excellent value, at least one-third cheaper than the Holiday Inn Express just a few miles further south. These hotels are all right off I-69, so the location for all are comparable. If in this vicinity again, we would not hesitate to stay here again! P.S. Be sure to dine at Payne’s restaurant while you are here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank family_guy41
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Our motorcycle group stopped here and were very pleased with the accomodations. The rooms were excellent. The continental breakfast was great. Not knowing anything about this chain of Inns I was surprised at the quality for the price we paid. It was worth our money and we would stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We have stayed a two Americas Best Value. They are not worth the money saved. This hotel was worn out and appeared to be dirty. The only saving grace was that the sheets were clean and crisp. I will not stay at another ABV inn with out first seeing the property before making the reservation. It appears they buy older properties and the only thing done is change the name. It was not a good experience for us.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank carl_retired
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marion
Comfort Suites
#2 of 3 in Warren
Heritage Place Inn
Heritage Place Inn
#1 of 2 in Markle

Been to Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Marion? Share your experiences!