“its ok not the best not the worst”
Review of Econo Lodge

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Econo Lodge
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Marion
marion indianda
“its ok not the best not the worst”
Reviewed 12 October 2011

i was traveling wit several kids n a couple of dogs im sure on phone i stated i had more then one pet i stayed a couple of nights n would have stayed longer but they told me i had to leave because i had to many pets if a hotel motel is saying pet friendly please say how many are allowed they have to understand people sometimes have more then one pet and pets sometimes like children cant b left home alone however hank the manger was very helpful n apoligized for the mix up the owner complained about a dog smell of course the owner was the maid also i would go back if i was alone but never again wit pets

Room Tip: rooms in the back r quieter
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 17 September 2011

I checked into this motel last night around 8 pm and was told that they didnt have any single bed room available on the first floor but I'd get a double bed room for the same price, a pleasant suprise. Hank the manager was helpful and polite. It was a smoking room but I didn't notice the smell of smoke. Beds were comfortable, DirecTV in every room was a big plus. The free WiFi was great too. Overall I had an excellent experience with this motel and I'd stay here again if I get the opportunity.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 June 2011

After bringing my credit card statement to the owner, I was denied a refund because they "could not find the charges in their own computer system." Owner was extremely rude. Would not recommend.

• Stayed February 2011

Travellers are raving about these Marion hotels

illinois
Reviewed 4 May 2009

I was a travel agent for many years, and have stayed in all types of hotels around the world, but I have to say this is ABSOLUTELY the worst! I got caught graduation weekend for a large university without a room. There was no choice as nothing close was available, and there was only a smoking room available. The room reeked of smoke, the bathroom was dark dingy and dirty looking. The safety latch on the door was broken, the furniture was very worn, the bedding smelled of smoke clear down to the sheets and pillows reeked. The was a smashed multi legged bug on the wall. I didn't take off my shoes because the carpet looked dirty. I slept in my clothes on top of the bedding after I took off a sheet from the other bed and laid it over the bedspread, and actually got about 3 hrs sleep. The next morning I left asap, and when I opened my suitcase later everything reeked. I paid $63.00 for this!!!!!!!! My room number was 104.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
Elk Grove village, IL
Reviewed 3 September 2008

This is now the second time we have stayed here as we dropped off our daughter to college. No smoke smell this time. The room is really large. We had a king side, comfortable bed. Next time, our son will be with us and we will have a different type of room. Everything was nice. This time, we had the continental breakfast. There wasn't a huge selection. I would have prefered skim milk to the whole milk they served and would have appreciated yogurt. The price is much more reasonable here then most of the places in town so we are staying next time. It wouldn't be worth it to me to pay $30 more a night just to hope for a better breakfast.

• Liked — The large room
  • Disliked — The breakfast
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Marion, Indiana
Reviewed 25 October 2003

My husband and I were staying at the Marion Days Inn because we had spent our honeymoon there. We were on our anniversary. We checked in and were not told that there was no longer a resturant or pool, jacuzzi, or suana availiable. We went into a cold room that was not cleaned because the bedding was rank smelling and there was dust on everything. We called to the desk and got no answer until after we had returned after a dinner at a resturant and was in our bed clothes, the hotel management was informing us that we had to evacuate because they were closing. Along with 18 other guests, we had to gather up our belongings and leave. Because we did not pay with a credit card they told us they would mail our refund. Some way to spend a anniversary eh?
Well to this day we have never recieved a refund and never have gotten a call or anything! Marion Days Inn is closed, and should not be opened until new management is found. DO NOT STAY AT MARION DAYS INN !

9 Thank nikkitrueblue
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marion
Hampton Inn Marion
Best Western Plus Gas City
Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Marion
Holiday Inn Express Gas City
Super 8 Gas City Marion Area

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!