“Great Hotel!!”

Best Western Martinsville Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Martinsville
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We stopped on our way to a college visit to Indiana University. wanted to stay a little out of town. We spotted the Best Western, thrilled by the price and how clean the Hotel was. Larry at the counter was very helpful and pleasant! We enjoyed our stay!! The only complaint we had is we missed the free breakfast while being one of the only hotel guests!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed 28 July 2013

I was ready to write a good review for the Best Western in Martinsville, but I feel that I have to mention the fact that, on the last night of our stay, we found two bed bugs (one on my husband's pajamas and one crawling on the blanket). I immediately googled "bed bugs" to see photos and they looked exactly like the ones we found, so we are sure they were bed bugs. We were glad this happened on the last night, but still, we were shaken up and really concerned.

About the hotel, I liked the room, which was very comfortable, with microwave oven and mini fridge (no freezer), two tables, two chairs, one dresser, one very nice desk with chair. The room was nicely decorated. The bathroom was small but clean, the closet had full-size mirrors.

The breakfast room was full of natural light and breakfast was simple but good (hot items, cereal, yogurt, fruit cups, bread, etc.)

The location of this hotel is very convenient, off 37 and withing walking distance to stores and restaurants.

The staff was helpful and courteous.

If it had not been for the bed bugs, I would have been very happy with this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Indiana_Brown
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I stayed at the Best Western in Martinsville for two nights during a race weekend. The room was clean and inexpensive and the staff was friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, the beds were just not comfortable. And I wasn't the only one in our group who woke up with a back crick and that tired feeling. New, more plush mattresses would go a long way in improving the customer experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We were staying here because there was nowhere closer to McCormick's Creek State Park in Spencer, Indiana. I don't normally stay at Best Western but I feel like they are trying to come around and upgrade their hotels. I like to give second chances.

This place desperately needs more work. A few of the rooms we had smelled horribly; we couldn't figure out if it was smoke or animal smells? They do accept pets but if the carpet is already stained then how do you get the stink out?

It was definitely substandard as far as toiletries went and I had to ask for more towels (as always). The upstairs hallway was so hot. I think there was an elevator but it was easier to use the stairs.
There is no pool and you know, the Super 8, has one except it was booked solid. Now we know why.

The breakfast hours were strange and the waffle maker was completely useless. We had to practically beg the man to let us make our kids something at 9 am (it closed then) and he actually asked the ages of our kids (all 12 by the way). He deemed them worthy and allowed us. No waffles, only bagels. We were almost finished and another family came into eat "after the allotted time" and you best believe, he made it known they really were not that welcome. It was crazy.

While it was fairly convenient, next time I will bite the bullet with price and stay near Bloomington in a newer hotel. This Best Western was a disappointment.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Price was $30 a night higher than the Super8 which is across the parking lot and looks nicer than the Best Western but we booked online so didn't know. Carpet is average at best and lighting when trying to shave is poor. Breakfast didn't have any regular sized paper plates so we had to use small ones which basically eliminated any waffles. First morning we had to meat just bisquits and eggs and 2nd day we had no bisquits. Tv was suppose to get all local stations including Fox but for some reason wasn't getting FOX which is what we wanted to watch the Nascar race was on. No sympothy basically said oh well it don't work and no one will come fix it! Wont stay here anymore

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank James W
Reviewed 16 November 2012

I've stayed at this BW 3 times before. There have been some upgrades since my last stay, including new carpet in the lobby and on the stairs, as well as flat-screen TVs. The staff are friendly, and check-in/check-out was easy

Breakfast is the usual fare - the scrambled eggs are tasteless and the sausage didn't taste good. The coffee and waffles are great, however, and yogurt and cold cereal make for an adequate free meal.

I had trouble with the heating/cooling unit which didn't seem to work on the auto setting. Also had trouble getting cold water out of the bathroom faucet but a few hours later it was fine. The towels and washcloths seemed to have been laundered in cold water without bleach, and hung to dry. They were gray-brown dingy in color and stiff. Pillows were much too stiff for me, but I brought my own pillow so didn't suffer. The drapes didn't adequately cover the window, so I had to rig up something to block out the very bright parking lot lights. The room smelled fresh when I first checked in, but on subsequent returns to the room it smelled very musty. The TV volume was bizarre - some channels blasted the sound, on others it was impossible to turn the volume up enough to hear it.

There aren't many options in the area, and although this place is nothing to write home about, the room was very quiet, the beds were comfortable enough, and the sheets were clean and white. I didn't know there was a new Holiday Inn Express nearby - I would try it on my next visit to the area to see if it's better, but would be satisfied with the BW if I had to stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank sodagrrl
Reviewed 5 November 2012

The hotel is very basic: but it is clean, comfortable, not worn down at all. My room was roomy and quiet with a fridge and microwave. We have a son at IU and many of the hotels in Bloomington will go for $150 to $250 for not much more in ammenities, especially on football and parent weekends. Martinsiville is 20-25 minutes from campus, and a great way to save money on a 1- or 2- night stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Martinsville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Martinsville
#16 of 24 in Bloomington
Motel 6 Cloverdale
Motel 6 Cloverdale
#2 of 6 in Cloverdale

Been to Best Western Martinsville Inn? Share your experiences!