“A good place to stay.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Martinsville
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Martinsville
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed here the second week in October 2013. The advice that was give to us by various contributors was very helpful:
1. Top floor to avoid "one man's ceiling is another man's floor" noise.
2. Windows facing toward the back of the building to avoid noises from the road.
3. Non-smoking.
The staff was very friendly and accommodating and the rooms were clean. Parking is close to the entryways. The rear of the building faces on a beautiful woodland and field area.
Cons:
Even though we were in a non-smoking area, the odor of stale cigarette smoke was noticeable.
Good Value. I would recommend HIE in Martinsville, IN.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 October 2013

This hotel has been recently sold and is under new management, (So I was told when complaining) and policies have changed. the front desk supervisor, Wendy went above and beyond I felt but her hands were tied for with new GM the front desk supervisor is not able to make any kind of adjustments to bills that would make the guests happy. There were a few of us complaining and unlike with old management the front desk supervisor was not able to accommodate us (3 different rooms) for the issues we had with a/c /heating not working, noise, non smoking rooms (as I specifically asked for in my profile). I was told that she (supervisor) was not able to make any adjustments to my bill that she would notify the GM and have her give me a call on Monday. This is totally unacceptable. In the past when I had issues with the cooling/heating I was moved to another room but on a sold out hotel I was at least given a discount. I don't think that the GM should be the only one to do this. The front desk supervisor and clerks are the ones that have to deal with guest happiness/unpleasantness (as in my case). I didn't even bother waiting on a phone call or calling the GM. The new GM is making this hotel go down hill. I will NEVER stay at this one again. I will pay the higher prices at Bloomington for a much much better stay.

Room Tip: Pay the higher prices at Bloomington it is well worth the service and not the lack of Front desk cle...
2  Thank Toni B
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel. My last stay was in 2012 and you got to spin a wheel for a treat upon check in. Now they hand you a goody bag of treats. The room was neat and clean and may have been recently remodeled. Unfortunately a girls rugby team was there and it was hard to get any sleep...although that's not the hotel's fault.

Room Tip: If you want a view, do not get #315, it looks at the back of the drive up canopy. Adjacent KFC and...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Rainy night in the low 40's and no heat. We called the front desk who tried to walk us through turning it on (we were doing it correctly, the unit just didn't work). So, we decide to leave earlier than originally planned because it was too cold to even stay in the room. When checking out I told the front desk clerk about the heat. Without looking up from her computer she said "We are aware of it and are sending maintenance up". Well great, that did a lot to help us! So, I asked for a manager. That's when I was told that the manager lives out of town and is only there through the week and I could take a card and call her next week. The desk clerk was rude and obviously didn't care that we had no heat in a room that we just spend $144/night for (we paid for 2 rooms because of other family members we had with us). I am a business owner and I try to make every effort I can to make sure my customers are happy. And my employees don't say "take a card and call the manager". They give me the customers # and I contact them directly. Terrible customer service all around at this hotel. 3rd floor smells awful as soon as you step off the elevator. Walls are thin and you sound like your going through the floor just walking across it. If you need a hotel in Martinsville, stay anywhere but here or drive to Bloomington. I'm not even going to call the manager, not worth it. I don't want a "canned" apology. Will never stay at Holiday Inn Express again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here but if you HAVE to, don't stay on the 3rd floor. Smells like a bingo hall.
1  Thank Catdog71
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Martinsville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Catdog71,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. We highly value opinions from guests like you as it assists us in our never ending task to better ourselves.

We sincerely apologize for the dissatisfaction you had with the room condition particularly with the thermostat. Further, we are truly sorry for the poor service our staff has provided you. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed and actions will be made where possible.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We value you as a guest and we hope this incident will not deter you from giving us another opportunity in the future. We value your custom and as always we remain at your disposal.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Stayed here one night of IU football weekend. Paid $169 which was way too much to pay for this hotel. Hotel is ok but not great. Carpet was stained in our room 226. Shower drain plug was also broken. Beds were comfortable. There r 4 smoking rooms on 3rd floor. Breakfast was lacking. No fruit or meat options. We were also kicked out of breakfast room at 10:30am by breakfast hosts so they could "clean the room".This was rude I thought. We had finished eating and were just talking. Room walls are thin. Could hear shower and people in room next door. Also, house keeping started knocking in doors at 8:45am on Sunday morning. A little too early I thought. Front desk people were accommodating and helpful. Overall I would only stay here in a pinch. Not as nice as other holiday inn express locations.

• Stayed: October 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Martinsville, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Fivelittleducks,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered during your stay. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided. Rest assured that the issues you have raised about the shower drain as well as the breakfast options have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Martinsville
Best Western Martinsville Inn
Best Western Martinsville Inn
#2 of 3 in Martinsville
Hilton Garden Inn Bloomington
Hilton Garden Inn Bloomington
#4 of 24 in Bloomington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bloomington
Days Inn Cloverdale Greencastle

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Martinsville? Share your experiences!