“Nice room”

Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Merrillville
Diamond Bar, California
“Nice room”
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Needed a stop off in the general area. THis one had a great rate for a room with a jacuzi tub for 2. On vacation and this was just what we needed after driving and stress. As usual with the Hilton properties, everything was neat and clean. Would recommend this property to others.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Joshua S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Merrillville, responded to this review, 9 February 2013
Dear Jim K.

Thank you taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your comments are are glad that you had such a good time. If you are ever come to Merrillville again it would be great to have you stay with us again. Thank you for staying with us.

Joshua

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Reviewed 5 January 2013 via mobile

I had a wonderful stay for my birthday weekend. When i first walked in i felt welcome. I had a great breakfast and i was congratulated by the director of catering during my breakfast and she made the stay way better. The servers were also great very polite and kind. The room was clean and I had no complaints.

Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Joshua S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Merrillville, responded to this review, 10 February 2013
Dear Crystal C.

It is so great to hear that you had a good experience with us on your birthday. I will definitely make sure our Director of Catering knows how she impacted your stay with us. Thank you again for the feedback. It was a pleasure to have you here with us.

Joshua
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 5 January 2013

I had no intention of staying here, or even being in Indiana, but when the pre-Christmas "blizzard" cancelled hundreds of flights at O'Hare, I ended up driving home for the holidays, and the snow was just bad enough with the wind to force me to stop for the night here. Am I ever glad I did! Great property, easy access, very quiet. The rooms were spacious and great, bed comfortable, and price competitive. They made a really difficult day end really well. I would recommend this property to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Joshua S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Merrillville, responded to this review, 7 February 2013
Dear Spade7,

Thank you taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I am so glad that your day full of cancelled flights and snowy weather ended with a good experience. If you are ever in Merrillville again I hope you take that chance again.

Joshua S
Long Beach, California, United States
Reviewed 11 December 2012

This property is currently being renovated but its staff needs zero adjustments... when I travel between Chicago and Indianapolis a late arrival or early departure usually has me spending time here. It's extremely convenient off I-65, has its own full restaurant and bar, plus there's shopping across the street and various restaurants nearby if one needs to go off the property.
I must commend the staff after my most recent visit in early December 2012 - I had recent hand surgery and needed help with suitcases - it was no problem. With renovations in the lobby and first floor, there was an obstacle course to get anywhere but everyone was so helpful - special props to Joshua Sanders, who looked after my every need.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed 10 December 2012

This is the second time I stayed here. The first time, no issues. I stayed one night on a Monday night. I was on the first floor. It was very loud. First of all it sounded as if they were building something and wheeled carts kept moving (carpeted halls but was not carpeted in front of the elevator). It was very loud. My room was a connecting room-and there wasn't any sound-proofing. I heard the guy in the room beside me-on the phone, placing something in the microwave, etc.. I put a towel underneath the door to block some sound and opened the bathroom door to block some from the hall. All I can say is bring some earplugs-mine were a life saver. And request an upper level floor-don't stay on the first floor unless you do have some earplugs! Staff were nice, convenient location-lots of restaurants and shopping on the exit. I would stay here again on an upper level.

Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank DavidandKim
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 20 November 2012

For the last couple of years, my work requires me to travel to this area. If I don't book early enough, this hotel does not have availability and requires me to stay elsewhere. After having to occassionally endure the other hotels in the area, I now book as soon as I know I will be in the area again.

This hotel's staff, service and cleanliness never dissapoint me. It is close to lots of restaurants but most the time, I just get room service. I would recommend this hotel to all!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Merrillville, Indiana
Reviewed 16 November 2012

If you want a shower or party in one of there banquet room please go somewhere else!!! It was my worst experience ever..it was my baby shower and i was very disappointed in their food and the director of catering Maria [---]. First the number of tables were wrong, no cake table, the microphone didn't even work, (that was an extra charge), it was set up for buffet when we were supposed to have servers bring out the food, the wrong soup was served, and of course Maria wasn't there!!!!! We emailed the GM of the hotel and of course got no response!! Just don't go here; my baby shower was ruined!!

Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
MattRoig, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Merrillville, responded to this review, 18 November 2012
Michelle CC-

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel, however I am sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory event experience. We pride ourselves on making sure that events go off without a hitch, and I apologize that we were unable to achieve that on your most recent experience. The problems that you encountered are completely unacceptable and will absolutely be addressed. I know that your experience is not indicative of what our hotel is capable of and am certain that many of our processes can be improved because of your feedback. Thank you again for taking the time to give us some insight into your experience.