“No Internet”

Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Merrillville
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“No Internet”
Reviewed 12 April 2013

This hotel is just OK. It is older and it shows. I hade little to no internet connection for my stay. I spent over a half hour every day on the phone with the internet company. The girl at the desk was very helpfull and tried but his is a hotel issue and I will most likely not stay here again when I am in this area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Merrillville, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Dear Terry B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I am sorry that your visit was negatively affected by the Internet connection malfunctioning. Your review will be used to consider enhancements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done at a latter time.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Kokomo, Indiana
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We have stayed in this hotel several times and always had a good experience. But this time the bed I slept in was like a rock! Did not sleep well at all. The breakfast was nice but nothing special. Pancakes were not that great but there were a couple other warm options. Coffee was cery good.

• Stayed February 2013
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Our initial impression was ok....enjoyed our first night. We woke up early the next morning and left the hotel around 7:30 am to pack my sister in law for the big move back to Columbia. After a very long and tiresome day of packing and loading a 24ft moving truck we made it back to our room around 6:30 pm...opened the door and NOTHING! The beds had not been made, the bathroom had not been cleaned, no fresh towels...nothing. I immediately called the front desk and was told "sorry" in a very nonchalant manner. We asked for clean towels and were provided those....we again left for a late dinner and arrived back to the sound of a party in the room across the hall....the party continued until 3:00am in the morning....we called the front desk to complain several times and were told that security would come up....I NEVER SAW SECURITY, not sure if they even had security. I had to leave at 4:30am to begin the journey home with just a few hours sleep. Called and spoke with the GM and was again told "sorry" and that he couldn't do anything for us because I booked the room through my travel club. To add insult to injury when I returned home and checked my account these fine folks charged me for two nights that I had already paid for. So that was my experience guess I should have ponied up and stayed at the Hampton Inn right beside it.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Redhawk51

Travellers are raving about these Merrillville hotels

Reviewed 18 July 2012

Well For Starters Our Room Was In An O.K. Condition And Also Clean. But, It Had A Flipside To It Which Was After I Returned To My Room (That Night) I Had Noticed That It Was Still In The Condition That I Had Left It In. The Maid Had Skipped Our Room! I Was Not Satistfied With That, So The Next Day I Checked Out And Had Decided To Stay In The HIE In Schereville, IL. This Hotel Was Much Cleaner And Had Friendly Staff (Other Than HIE in Merrivile, IL) I HIGHLY Recommend This Hotel Instead.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank GabbyBoo22
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Merrillville, responded to this review, 11 August 2012
Dear GabbyBoo22,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. I am delighted that you were satisfied with the overall conditions of our hotel. However, I'm sorry to see you received service that was less than satisfactory. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHG Care
WI
Reviewed 14 May 2012

This hotel is pretty par for the course for a Holiday Inn Express. We are usually not disappointed. The front desk staff was very friendly and gave us some free popcorn & water bottle due to our priority club status. The breakfast was okay although the dining area was pretty cramped and you had to maneauver your way around tables to get to your table because when chairs were pulled out with people sitting in them, there was no way to get through. The only downside I can think of is the odd exit off the highway to the service road to get there. Odd exit and the service road is in dire need of repairs. Otherwise I have no complaints about the hotel itself.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
IL
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Cleanliness of my room was average, the hotel has a musty smell everywhere though. The bathroom sink has less water pressure than anywhere I have ever stayed, so shaving or brushing teeth was hard to do. The worst thing was that they don't seem to fix anything- there were two broken light bulbs in my room so it wasn't light enough in there. Also, the dead bolt lock on the door was so loose that it barely worked and shower head obviously hadn't been cleaned in a long time. Overall, this unfortunately seems to be par for the course for any HIE anymore, that is why I don't stay at many of them anymore- they seem to think that "average" is good enough. I have tried contacting several members of IHG management to voice my concerns, but no one there has ever replied.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank tc3399
oconnorjo, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Merrillville, responded to this review, 9 June 2012
I appreciate your comments regarding the Holiday Inn Express Merrillville. Since your visit, we have made significant changes in personnel at this hotel, including a new manager and maintenance person. The issues you experienced have been addressed and corrected. I hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

John OConnor
Regional VP
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed 10 December 2010

The hotel is clean but very outdated. The TV in room is old, the bathroom is small and the gym in a joke. Breakfast is the bare minimum for a HIE breakfast.

Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
I appreciate your comments regarding the Holiday Inn Express Merrillville. The issues you experienced have been addressed and corrected, including the purchase of all new flat panel TV's for all guest rooms. I hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

John OConnor