“Pleasantly surprised”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Merrillville
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Were visiting friends in Chicago and stayed too long. Were too tired to drive all the way home, so
stopped at the Econo Lodge in Merrillville for a few hours sleep For the price we were not expecting much but were pleasantly surprised. The hotel itself was very nicely appointed. Looked
fairly newly redecorated. Rooms were good sized and very clean. Beds were comfortable. Showers were good. Breakfast was ok, but for free we could not complain--donuts, muffins, toast, coffee and juice. All in all a pleasant stay and we would stop there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank AnnoyedIndiana

Reviewed 29 June 2012

Stayed one night here while passing through for work. Had a business suite decent room living room and bedroom were seperate which was nice. Tv in both rooms. Only one controller for the pair. Stormed out so the direct tv they had didn't work most of the night. Rooms were fairly recently renovated. Air conditioning was pretty poor it was over 100 the day I was there and the ac couldn't keep up. Bedroom was ok, living room was too hot to use comfortably. Cleaning wasn't bad but they definitely should pay more attention to the corners and around the edges. All in all room was adequate for what I paid.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for expressing your opinions about your recent stay. We have recently changed brands, and are pleased you noticed these changes. I’m sorry that due to adverse weather conditions that our televisions were not operational. I will alert our staff to your concerns with your accommodations. We are continually improving to meet the needs of our guests. Thank you for choosing our facility during your trip, we value your business and hope that you will consider us again.

Tim Herzog
Regional VP of Operations

Reviewed 12 June 2012

We thought we were getting a good deal on these rooms. In the end, we got exactly what we paid for. The rooms were not well cleaned. The beds were ok, but the pillows made sleeping nearly impossible. The floor in my room was wet.And, it took 8 hours for the air conditioner to cool the room to a comfortable level.The hallways all had what appeared to be huge spots of bug spray along the entire length. Wasn't expecting much at breakfast and didn't get much. The woman at the front desk did her best, but they don't seem to have a very good check-in system. Pool area seemed clean-ish, but the water on the floors in never cleaned up, so it is actually dangerous to walk through, Ice machine broken, one vending machine. And, the air quality inside the hotel was horrible. I wouldn't recommend this hotel...

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank StevieC83
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Paid for 2 nites online,took my 7 yr old to go swimming,for the $ I though we would try it,bad choice. The hallway was filthy,when I opened my door you could tell it had not been cleaned,after callin front desk the lady workin admited the cleaning staff walked out and she had a kid vacume,I didn't look in the bathroom yet,horrible,hairs and mold. We left after 1 dirty nite. I would have left sooner but did not want to dissapoint my boy. Best Western was much nicer,spend the couple bucks extra,its WELL worth it!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank SoxFanDan
Reviewed 25 April 2012

My daughters and I we on our way to Milwaukee when we decided we couldn't go any further. We stopped with no reservations and were greeted by the front desk and given a great room. Clean and updated room and bedding. Perfect and reasonable. Thanks for a great overnight stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Larry M
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We passed through Merrillville on the way to FL and wanted a cheap, clean, and hopefully comfortable hotel to get a quick nights sleep before getting back on the road. This fit the bill perfectly. I booked ahead and a 2 queen room(on a Thursday night) was $50. Pretty sure the mattresses/pillows were all new when we stayed(early April). Pretty sweet deal.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Sam S
goodhsi_admin1, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Dear Sam S,

Thank you for leaving positive feedback! I am glad that we fit the criteria that you were looking for and that you enjoyed your stay while passing through. You are correct we did update our mattresses and linen during our recent renovation. Thanks again for staying with us, we hope you will consider us again when you are in the area.

All the best,
Paul Zielinski

Reviewed 4 January 2012

I was driving with a friend through Indiana and we had originally decided to drive through the night, but it started freezing raining and we needed a place to stay. After stopping at a local gas station, we asked the gentleman working where to stay and he recommended the Econo Lodge down the street. I have always been weary of Econo Lodges, but was in a pinch and needed a place to stay. I could not have been more wrong and was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the rooms and the kindness of the staff. I really enjoyed the stay and the breakfast in the morning - it was a great way to start the day and get back on the road. This stay will make me rethink how I view hotels. It provided a great port in a storm when I desperately needed one.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends