“Small but extremely clean.”

Red Roof Inn - Merrillville
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Merrillville
Morris, Illinois
“Small but extremely clean.”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I am working about 10 miles from Merrillville and five minutes from Schereville. The hotels there are almost twice what I paid for Red Roof Inn. I expected a far insuperior room but instead I got a much smaller room but very nicely decorated and very comfortable. The staff was very friendly while checking in and out. I will definitely be staying there again. So glad to get such value without compromising the quality. One drawback was the pillows are quite overstuffed which made them a little hard.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side are farther away from the Interstate which makes it quieter.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
jnoel2, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Merrillville, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. As the manager of this property, I read every review, survey, comment card that a guest presents us with and try to respond accordingly. We also use all surveys, reviews, and comment cards as training tools to help the entire staff work toward providing our guest with a memorable and enjoyable experience.

I am glad that you found our rooms to be great for a resting spot. .

i0015@redroof.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Warsaw, Indiana
Reviewed 18 November 2013

For a motel this is about the best you will find. Location is great and the staff is extremely helpful. The rooms and bathrooms are a little small but the are clean and comfortable. Would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
jnoel2, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Merrillville, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. The staff will be so happy that you found them to be helpful. We work hard to provide you our valued guest with a wonderful experience.

Again, thank you for your review and please consider us your hotel of choice should your travel plans bring you back Merrillville area.

Monterey, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Well Id ont know bout anyone else but I really enjoyed my stay here. had the Superior King room and it was great. Well the pillows need some work. They are hard as a rock so bring your own. Stayed for the ND game last week and will do it again. Clean, handy to Interstate,close to every thing. Food and all. The ladies cleaned my room for me and made my bed. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can trust this place.

Room Tip: Room 118 its great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
jnoel2, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Merrillville, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. It always make me happy to hear positive feedback from our guest. The staff works extremely hard to provide you our valued guest with a wonderful experience.

Merritt Island, Florida
Reviewed 17 October 2013

as red roofs go, it wasn't bad. I am a traveling salesman and stay with red roof over 100 nights per year. The price/value meets my budget and for the most part the different properties have the locations that fit my needs. This property, is in my opinion, average. room was clean, grounds although where I was located was near the highway and a little noisy due to truck traffic was not bad. One needs to be aware when choosing red roof properties as to weather a red roof property is a corporate or franchise property. Corporate properties are much more consistant.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
jnoel2, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Merrillville, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to hearing from our valued guest about there stay. Your review helps us to understand the things that we are doing right and areas of opportunity that we need to focus on in order to enhance our guest stay.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review and please consider us your hotel of choice should your travel plans bring you back to the Joliet area.

Red Roof Inn Merrillville, IN
I0015@Red Roof.com
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night on our drive to Chicago from Purdue. We were in the room less than 12 hours and that was more than enough. Our main complaint was the cleanliness of the room. Dead and alive roly polys were found in the bathroom, throughout the carpet and piled in a corner. Live and dead spiders lurked in corners. A used band-aid was left in the shower, and the toilet was not cleaned from previous use. We checked in very late (1:00 am) and didn't ask for a room change so we can't speak to how accommodating the staff would have been. We have traveled extensively and are not overly picky travelers, but this lack of cleanliness was a first.
Some pros: quick check in late at night, good water pressure in shower, plenty of hot water, late check-out (noon).

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
jnoel2, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Merrillville, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. I cannot began to imagine your frustration with your stay. A dirty room does not make for a visit and it is totally unacceptable. I am extremely sorry that my staff did not resolve your concerns or that we did not meet your expectations.

I have shared your feedback with my entire staff in an effort to make this an isolated incident. We sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you should your travel plans bring you back to the Merrillville area.

I0015@redroof.com

Travellers are raving about these Merrillville hotels

Reviewed 11 September 2013

It was a great stay due to the afore mentiond staff help of patsy! I do wish however that would serve breakfast and I did have repeat issues with a front desk worker who was so rude and hateful . But from what I hear no one like her anyways so hopefully by the time you read this she will no longer be working for your grand brand of hotels.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We were pleased to see that your return visit was just as good as your first stay. We take pride in providing our guest with cleans rooms at a reasonable rate.

Again, thank you for your review and please consider us your hotel of choice should your travel plans bring you back to the Merrillville area.

I0015@redroof.com
Palmer Lake, Colorado
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

Drove up to the building and was ready to cancel my reservation. It looked dirty there were people hanging around garbage in the hallway
But when you stepped in to the room it was amazing clean comfortable. If I had not seen the post giving this place good marks on trip advisor I would never have seen the inside

• Stayed August 2013
jnoel2, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Merrillville, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am extremely sorry that the exterior of our building was not clean when you drove up to the property. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire staff regarding your experience and reiterate to my entire team the importance of curb appeal.

We were extremely pleased that you decided to stay with us and the room condition met your expectations. The housekeeping staff works extremely hard to provide our guest with clean and comfortable rooms.

Again, Thank you for your review and please consider us your hotel of choice should your travel plans bring you back to our area.