“Pretty Good for the Price”
Review of Aladdin Pita

Aladdin Pita
Ranked #9 of 154 Restaurants in Merrillville
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Great meal for the price. I had a lamb stew dish (enough for two people) that came with a side for less than $15.00. This included a very generous portion of pita bread with delicious dipping sauces (including hummus) that was given to me as soon as I was seated. The service was great and the small restaurant ambience was nice. The quality of the lamb/ingredients were average. However, you do get a good meal for a descent price.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

This was an awesome dinning experience.The foods and flavors brought back so many wonderful memories of my younger years that I thought were gone forever.The dinning room & buffet were well tended to.The wait staff were very gracious and helpful without over doing.It also has a store attached.Cann't wait to go back for the regular menu options.If you fancy Middle Eastern Foods ,you won't be dissapointed..

Reviewed 28 April 2013

I went on a Sunday for the buffet and it was DELICIOUS!!! The pita's and humus was sooooooo good. They had kofta kabobs which were very moist. I wish that they lamb would have been something more than just roasted. It was pretty bland.

Reviewed 2 March 2013

This is my absolute favorite restaurant! When you arrive, you immediately get served hot pita bread with 3 or 4 appetizer dips. Soooo good! I always order a beef kabob. Great value, too! I come here about once a month. I always bring home pita bread from the attached store.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

If you are ever in Merillville and are looking to try something new to eat for a change, Aladdin Pita is definately a must which serves mostly Arabic food with a hint of Turkish, Persian and Greek cuisine. They have a buffet on Thursdays and Sundays at 4-9 PM, and it's $15 for each person. As far as food quality goes, the food in the buffet is banquet hall-quality, the same type of food you'd find at one of the banquet buffets, so that's good!

They have a good variety of dips for your pita bread including hummus and baba ghanoush, I'm guessing that was the green-yellowish dip next to the hummus. They refill your pita bread as well free of charge. Their lamb chops are just so tender and juicy, it's one of those faint of heart foods. They also have a good chicken and lamb kebab dishes and has a good flavoring quality. It's probably one of the best chicken I've had. They also have fried rice there, I'm not sure if it was the Turkish pilaf or Persian biryani, one of these are yellow the other had an orangish-looking color to it. The yellow rice also comes with tomato sauce if you like eating it with tomato sauce. Of course, there's the falafel - can't miss that one. They have steamed vegetables and fried potatoes for some of the vegetarian people. They offer two kinds of soup in the buffet, which is the lentil and lemon-rice soup. The buffet isn't "enourmous" but the fine quality of their food will be enough to fill you up. The buffet is actually decently-sized, especially for banquet-hall like food. They also have dessert varieties in there. Although I actually didn't eat the desserts, I was too busy showing down on the kebabs and ground sausages. That's another thing, you'll like their beef sausages too.

I like how it's attached to a food store, so you won't have to drive all the way to Chicago or Dearborn to find Arabic food products as well a deli, if you ever like to make Arabic dishes at home. It's also a banquet hall, so that's three functions in one building. If you got a sweet 16 or
quinceañera coming up, I'd suggest choosing Aladdin Pita. You'll enjoy their food.

I like the design of the place too, had an authentic Middle Eastern feel to it.

Gave me and my cousins a good chance to try Arabic cuisine.

1  Thank LakanDula