“Disappointed by food”

Aladdin Pita
Ranked #5 of 156 Restaurants in Merrillville
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Reviewed 28 January 2014

The first disappointment was that they did run out my favorite choice for lamb. Happens. I ordered quails instead and they came a bit undercooked inside: edible but not very good. Part of the meal was an array of appetizers that were fairly non descript. The pita was nice and warm. I chose a dessert whose name I had never seen before and it was just very sweet but with no flavor. Although I like Middle Eastern food, I would avoid this place.

1  Thank George4144
AladdinPita, Manager at Aladdin Pita, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

I truly apologize for having a bad expierence at Aladdin Pita. I would like to make it up to you if you are ever back in the area. Please respond to our email address with your address aladdinpita@gmail.com so we can make this right.

I would also like to know the lamb dish that we where out of on that day and the dessert you did not like so I make sure that this never happens again.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Had an opportunity to enjoy a fantastic lunch at Aladdin Pita in Merrillville for my birthday. We were warmly welcomed and immediately served an appetizer sampler of hummus, eggplant, cucumber salad, and another salad along with warm pita bread. After that we dined on Middle Eastern plates that were delicious with generous serving size. The ambiance here is quite tasteful and well appointed. Nice, clean surroundings making lunchtime conversation very enjoyable. Service, staff, quality of food are great. This is not my first time eating here, so I have never been disappointed. If you'd like a change of menu and venue, try it out! Five star place!

Mary M.
Hobart, IN

Reviewed 15 November 2013

This place is one of the best restaurants in the area. It is inviting, clean and authentic. The people working there make you feel welcome, treat you with respect and are very professional. The food is amazing! If you catch the night when there is a buffet, it is well worth it! For about 15$ you can try almost all the dishes on the menu. One of my favorite places!

1  Thank V C
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I had dinner at this place and the food is simple middle-eastern and good tasting. The service was also very nice and it is extremely reasonably priced. I had planned to order an appetizer and entree, however before I could order my appetizer I was offered hummus, baba ganoj, yogurt & salad with pita bread. More than enough appetizer for a one person dinner! I ended ordering the chicken kabab which was very good and that was the end of the meal.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Great meal for the price. I had a lamb stew dish (enough for two people) that came with a side for less than $15.00. This included a very generous portion of pita bread with delicious dipping sauces (including hummus) that was given to me as soon as I was seated. The service was great and the small restaurant ambience was nice. The quality of the lamb/ingredients were average. However, you do get a good meal for a descent price.