“Love, love, love this place!”
Review of Aladdin Pita

Aladdin Pita
Ranked #6 of 154 Restaurants in Merrillville
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The food is always fresh, tasty and the service is great. This is one of my kids' favorite places, too. My teenage daughter was leery of the dishes at first, but now she can't get enough. The prices are very reasonable too.

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Went on a Saturday late afternoon.

Clean, friendly, good selection.

Pita sandwiches ordered: falafel, cauliflower, chicken, each around $6, all served with cup of soup and pita/spread appetizers.

Food was a touch bland for our tastebuds. Could have used a bit more seasoning, esp the chicken, according to my mom. The lentil soup was very tasty.

Service far exceeded the price of our meal - extremely pleasant and a bit formal feeling, not a complaint!

It was under the category of kid friendly, but it wasn't extremely so, just because of quiet surroundings. The store attached next door gave a little chance to stretch their legs/look around, but too much tempting breakables.

Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Great food, great atmosphere. The business special was great, huge portions and cooked to perfection. I will be going back for more.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

The first disappointment was that they did run out my favorite choice for lamb. Happens. I ordered quails instead and they came a bit undercooked inside: edible but not very good. Part of the meal was an array of appetizers that were fairly non descript. The pita was nice and warm. I chose a dessert whose name I had never seen before and it was just very sweet but with no flavor. Although I like Middle Eastern food, I would avoid this place.

1  Thank George4144
AladdinPita, Manager at Aladdin Pita, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

I truly apologize for having a bad expierence at Aladdin Pita. I would like to make it up to you if you are ever back in the area. Please respond to our email address with your address aladdinpita@gmail.com so we can make this right.

I would also like to know the lamb dish that we where out of on that day and the dessert you did not like so I make sure that this never happens again.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Had an opportunity to enjoy a fantastic lunch at Aladdin Pita in Merrillville for my birthday. We were warmly welcomed and immediately served an appetizer sampler of hummus, eggplant, cucumber salad, and another salad along with warm pita bread. After that we dined on Middle Eastern plates that were delicious with generous serving size. The ambiance here is quite tasteful and well appointed. Nice, clean surroundings making lunchtime conversation very enjoyable. Service, staff, quality of food are great. This is not my first time eating here, so I have never been disappointed. If you'd like a change of menu and venue, try it out! Five star place!

Mary M.