“Ouch expensive”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 September 2013

well I mean okay, its different. There were four adults and two children (10 and 5). the cost was over $200 before tip. The soup was great. They cooked your food on one of those big open grills. I didn't really like the tossing food so I could catch it like a circus act (seal comes to mind). the kids didn't really enjoy it. My seafood was kind of tuff. The streak were okay. I guess it was different. Very expensive. Very.

3  Thank kilgorerena
There are newer reviews for House of Kobe

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We had a party of 6 and it was an entertaining evening. The decor is outdated, but the place is clean. They insist on having two people at the end of the U-Shaped table that you sit at, so it made conversation awkward at times - it was hard for all to be involved in the conversation. The portions are HUGE, leftovers for all! Makes you feel like you more than get what you paid for when you are taking home a second meal. I got the scallops and they were wonderful, my husband said his steak was perfect. One reviewer noted that the food was salty and not healthy - since it is a japanese steak house, we kind of knew it was not exactly 'healthy eating' - who cares once in a while? All in all a good value.

1  Thank M B
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I use to absolutely love going here. We would always go to the sushi bar and have a great time, their sushi is affordable and delicious. However, the past three times that I've been there were terrible. The first bad experience was finding a bone in my maki roll that actually cut my gum. That almost ruined my entire meal. The second time was being told there were no tables in the bar where there were clearly 3 open, being seated eventually, and then not being acknowledged for 30 minutes. The third and final time, as I will not be going back again, I did not receive my food. I filled out the sheet and handed it in, everyone else had their plates and the waitress asked if that would be all. I was finally served after everyone else was finished eating. I worked on my rolls while my husband ate his peppermint icecream...which they said they took off the bill. So I dont get my food and my husband gets free icecream?? Never again House of Kobe!

6  Thank Laura S
Reviewed 25 March 2013 via mobile

The food is good but its extremely salty and covered in butter. Not a healthy meal. At dinner they put on a pretty good show but you pay about double. Lunch is reasonable but don't expect ashow. The staff is OK, not real friendly. Its a pretty place and it seems clean.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

I have a gift certificate that I had misplaced and now it is expired. I called the restaurant and they will not accept this $50 voucher. They said there was nothing they could do and would not care to lose my business, my sisters business and all of my nephews and nieces business, so the only thing I can do is never step foot in this restaurant once again! I used to drop a $100 each time I would walk into the restaurant and now they will be losing about $400 in revenue each year because we did enjoy the restaurant and would go up to 4 or 5 times a year, I would guess my family has dropped maybe $1,000 a year, so I hope they go out of business! Please join me in boycotting this crummy restaurant!!!!

4  Thank Eric P