“Horrendous stay is all I can say”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Merrillville
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Merrillville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dayton, Ohio
“Horrendous stay is all I can say”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Horrible from shower curtain mold, to buzzing thermostat, to broken fridge to cramped and unacceptable breakfast area. In the past Country Inns were a nice place to stay on the road but this kind of quality is unacceptable

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Vince R, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Merrillville, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear Davew49,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better our services. As a contributor to Trip Advisor your feedback means allot to us. I would like to invite you back again to have the stay you should have had in the first place. Please email me at vince.rizzo@counrtinns.com at your leisure.

Vince Rizzo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night of a three night stay, as I added it on at the last minute when I was able to depart earlier than planned. Had I known ahead of time how much better it was going to be than my other hotel (Holiday Inn Express), I would have booked all 3 nights here.

The room was a 2 queen room on the 3rd floor, and despite being on the end of the hallway facing the interstate, it was extremely quiet, The beds were soft, the pillows were plentiful, and the room was spotless.

Will definitely stay here again if I am back in the area and I can get a good price. Can't say the same for the other place.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
benton
Reviewed 6 May 2013

My family and I checked into this motel and was very pleased with the staff, Sara who checked us in and out, the night clerk (i'm sorry I didn't get his name) when i asked for plates and forks was very pleasant about it and got them right away, the clerk who gave me extra towels was also very pleasant. When I called down because we didn't have a "do not disturb" sign the clerk (I didn't get her name either) brought one up to my room quickly. The room and bathroom was very clean. We had a very nice stay, we certainly will keep this one on our list when we go back to that area.

Room Tip: If you are able to get a room at the end of the hallway by the back door you will be able to come in...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Vince R, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Merrillville, responded to this review, 19 May 2013
Dear Travel1USA3,

Thank you for taking the time to write a survey, we appreciate you choosing the Country Inn & Suites in Merrillville, IN. Sarah and Pravin were thrilled to be mentioned in the survey. We hope to have you stay as our guest during your future visits. Thank you again and have a wonderful a day.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

Whould recommend to all love this hotel great staff great warm feeling inside and nice clean amenities. Breakfast needs some work but was ok. Had fast check in with Sarah and speedy check out with Dan

• Stayed February 2013
Vince R, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Merrillville, responded to this review, 17 February 2013
Dear dreabigmac,

Thank you for your review, we rely on you, our guests to let us know how er are doing and we love to see reviews like yours. We are looking forward to your next visit and we will be sure to thank Sarah and Dan for a job well done.

Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 December 2012

We love Country Inns and this one was no different. After many hours on the road, we appreciated the comfort and cleanliness of our room. I love the Country Inn pillows; just wish they would sell them to guests!!!! Our room was clean and in good working order. The breakfast was great, as usual. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Vince R, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Merrillville, responded to this review, 10 December 2012
Thank you for positive comments about your experience with our hotel and we appreciate that you took the time to provide this feedback to us. We are glad that you chose to stay with us. I am happy that you enjoyed our pillows! Thanks again for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Ada, Michigan
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Comfortable rooms with good wifi and a solid breakfast including make your own waffles. The pool and hot tub were nice and the exercise room small but acceptable. Close to the highway and to the mall...we stay here during family holidays and always enjoy it. The staff is friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: stay towards the back of the hotel to avoid interstate noise
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Vince R, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Merrillville, responded to this review, 8 December 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us and for your very kind words. We pride ourselves here on our customer service, and we are so happy our staff went above and beyond to make you feel at home. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Avoid this hotel!!!!!
Normally the country inn and suites are a great place to stay. Not this one. Ater checking inn and walking to our room we notices that the walls in this hotel were dirty. Dirty as in thingts spilled on them and not wiped down. Our room smelled. If I had not pricelined this room I would have left this hotel. I went to my car and took my airfreshener from it and put it in our room. The doors all had finger prints on them, or dirt marks or shampoo. I saw that this is a privatley owned country inn. At the rate it going it will be for sale soon.....sorry to say that it lacks management! Another couple called to make sure the whirlpool would be working when they got there. it was but with lukewarm wate. people where shivering in the hot tub. I understand there are problems from time to time. BUT PLEASE don't LIE......save your mone sleep in your car and be happy.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Vince R, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Merrillville, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
As the new General Manager of the Country Inn & Suites Merrillville I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to write your review of our hotel. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Your comments about the guestroom have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Vince Rizzo

Travellers are raving about these Merrillville hotels