“Not my best CI&S experience”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Merrillville
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Merrillville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Bellevue, Wisconsin, United States
“Not my best CI&S experience”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This was more of a stop, shower and sleep stay. The pool and hot tub were closed and the staff could not keep up with breakfast.

Room and shower were clean, beds comfortable and the old tube zenith tv worked fine.

Location was convenient and close to restaurants.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Merrillville, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations, We will certainly use your comments to make improvements. We sincerely appreciate your business and hope you will visit again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Fairbanks, Alaska, United States
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I stayed one night and was very pleased overall. The only inconvenience was an extremely long wait for check in, but that in itself would not be enough to discourage me from staying at this hotel, or another Country Inn. The grounds were well kept, public areas were clean and tidy. My room was clean and spacious. The pool was closed for maintenance, but I wasn't going to be using that anyways. The free breakfast wasn't exactly gourmet, but adequate and had a decent selection of items. Overall I was very pleased!

Room Tip: I stayed in a King Suite, which had a lot of room!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Thank you so much for your kind comments and review Thank you for taking the time to review your guest experience during your stay at our hotel. I appreciate the feedback and I am glad you enjoyed your visit.
Michigan
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Not what I would call a nice place. I can't call it a dump but, pretty close. TV is not even a flat screen and, remote doesn't work. Upgraded us to a King unfortunately, we had my daughter and after 20 minutes woman at desk got it straightened out. Not real close to Chicago so, don't be fooled. Look for another property around here, you can do a lot better.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Merrillville, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations, your comments are very important since it gives us the opportunity to improve our services. We will address the issues mentioned and make the corrections.
Thank you for choosing our hotel.

Travellers are raving about these Merrillville hotels

Hannibal, Missouri
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I checked and checked out within 2 hrs.... had hair not just a piece but like 30 on the bathroom floor. Called down to front desk to get it cleaned up and no one ever came! Pool was also closed by health department for bacteria. . 15 days ago... Do not choose this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Merrillville, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
I sincerely apologize for the problems you experienced at this hotel. Thank you for your review so we know the problems and can address them immediately. We do appreciate your business and wish you safe travels.
Gurnee, Illinois
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed here this past weekend and was not too impressed. Even though we did get an upgrade to a King suite, we were left disappointed. The floor we stayed on smelled so bad, the room could also use some work.....things were falling apart, remotes were not working good and the batteries were all taped in, motion detectors would wake us up because they kept going off in the middle of the night for whatever reason. The breakfast was not the greatest......the food was cold and seating is extremely limited. We wanted to check out the hot tub but it was empty (no water) so no one could get in it. Even if we wanted to give kudos to an employee, we couldn't because out of all the ones we seen, no one was wearing name tags. Slim chance we will be back....

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Merrillville, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
I am so sorry you were not pleased with you visit to our hotel. Your comments are very important to us and we will use the comments to make corrections. I know it was an inconvenience to you and we apologize.
Thank you for traveling and thank you for staying with us.
Guest Relations Manager
Ephrata, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel in the past, and reading some of the reviews, I was leery it had gone down hill. Thank goodness I don't base my stay on reviews alone. Great hotel! Management was wonderful. Family friendly. Great variety with the continental breakfast. The only thing bad is the hot tub is broke. Not sure what takes so long to fix. This seems to be common. I have had the same problem at other hotels.

Stayed April 2014
Thank you for your return visit. We are so glad that your found us to meet your expectations and you were happy with your visit. I am so sorry that the hot tub was broken, we will do all possible to get this corrected, I hope it was not an inconvenience to you.
We appreciate your comments and truly appreciate your business.
Guest Relations Manager
Kenosha, WI
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Great pick on my part. Front desk workers were nice and friendly. The bed was nice and soft. Cookies were good. I was a little nervous picking this place after reading other reviews, they were misleading. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Michelle M
Thank you for your review so others know of our facility. We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to having you visit again soon.
Guest Relations Managers