“Good and bad”

La Quinta Inn Merrillville
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Merrillville
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The room was clean and the beds were good. The room was just so small. We stayed 2 days. It would be perfect for a one night stay, Where you were not staying in the room for long, just because it felt so closed in. The outdoor pool was dirty and my children wanted nothing to do with it. I consider the things wrong as minor.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The hotel is average. Housekeeping SUCKS. When my room was cleaned, used items were picked up but NEVER replaced. I always had to call the desk to bring me replacements. Makes me wonder if the beds were really changed when they should have been. This is so unacceptable. I had to change hotels because I got tired, after being here approximately one month, of having to constantly call the desk and complain about housekeeping.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Beds and room were fine, and they accept pets. Parking lot and exterior looked like demolition zone, and breakfast was so crowded on weekends that we couldn't sit down (much less get waffles). Located near lots of restaurants & facilities, but not a good area for dogs to run.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Reading other peoples reviews I wasn't sure how this hotel would be but it was just what we needed. We were just driving through and only needed a place to sleep. The room was fairly clean and the beds were really comfortable. The breakfast was decent and average, although we took a bagel for the road and found later it had a speck of mold on it. (I realize that could have been their fault if it hasn't been replaced recently or the place they get them from so it's hard to know). I would stay here a gain just if we were passing through probably not more nights than one just because it seemed kinda run down. Hotel staff was nice. Like I said if all you need is a place to sleep its perfect. I got the hotel discounted on Priceline and would feel like I was overpaying if I payed what they ask for the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank WorldRacer
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is the worst experience I have ever had at a LaQuinta. This particular location is where I stay at every year when I attend a conference in the area. I paid more than I ever have for a LaQuinta room and was sorely disappointed. The bathroom floor had a disgusting buildup around the edges of hair, dirt, and dust. There was hair in the shower. There was a visible thick layer of dust on the dresser/tv stand, the tv, and the lamps. There was also a pair of earrings from a previous guest left on the table in our room...gross! I was also ignored by the front desk staff on more than one occasion. The state of this hotel has rapidly declined since my last visit. I will not be returning next year.

1  Thank Melinda T
Reviewed 10 June 2014

With so many choices of hotels in the Merriville area, don't check in at this hotel. Attempts had been made to take care of the property, upgraded carpeting and tv's, but missed on the basics of cleaning the room. If all you are looking for is a place with clean sheets and the sink wiped out you can stay here. but if you desire to have a clean room then look at other options.