“Very solid, no complaints”

Hampton Inn Merrillville
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Merrillville
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Very solid, no complaints”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Overall this is a nice hotel. I have had a couple bad experiences at other hotels in merrillville but the Hampton is very nice. Clean, quiet room even though they were full. Breakfast is pretty good, but all processed type food as is typical at hotels such as this. Still nice to have some hot options. A little expensive for what you get but I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Brittany S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Merrillville, responded to this review, 23 September 2014
Thank you for your review! I hope you choose our hotel when you are in the Merrillville area again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The staff were very helpful and friendly when I stayed there. They allowed us to check in early because we were attending a wedding the day we arrived. One of our rooms smelled of smoke and they were happy to give us another room.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Brittany S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Merrillville, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
I'm happy we were able to accommodate your early check in request. I hope you had a great time at the wedding! Please stop by again when you are in the Merrillville area!
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Our group stayed for an extended weekend last week, and the staff couldn't be more welcoming than they were. From Bethany at front desk, to the Linda who took care of the breakfast bar, to the room cleaning crew, they were awersome. The hotel was very clean, as were our rooms. The breakfast was very good, as Linda does an outstanding job making sure all is stocked and everyone is fed. She makes you feel like a guest in her own home. She is good. This hotel better never lose her. This property is a smaller hotel and the lobby and breakfast area could be larger, but thats part of its charm. We would gladly stay here again. Job welll done Merrillville Hampton.

Room Tip: The building is very secure, so I wouldn't worry about getting a ground floor. We were satified...
Green Features: They offer choices as to the linen and towels to be changed out or not.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank marc k
Brittany S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Merrillville, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
I'm pleased that your group had a great stay with us and that Linda and Bethany could provide great service to you, they are amazing team members. Please come visit us again soon!
indianapolis, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Very nice Hampton Inn, right in line with the Hampton Inn brand. Great location, close to everything, with easy access to shops, restaurants, and entertainment. Very family friendly with great staff. Would highly recomend this hotel to anyone planning on staying in the Merriville area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I'm so happy that your stay was great and we are an ideal location for you. I appreciate that you will be recommending our hotel to others.
Merrillville, United States
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This hotel, for a few days stay was ideal. We had a fridge, microwave, and lots of shelves in the bathroom for storage. The complimentary breakfast was hot with a large selection and the beds were very comfortable. My family was very pleased with our stay. Only complaint..small pool, but it was very clean and well maintained.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your kind words and your five star review!
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Enjoyed this hotel. Came for my 30th year class reunion and the front desk clerk was extremely friendly and accomodating. I feel as if I had met her before. I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast as well. The only thing that I would change is the cleaning service. They took some time to address our room to clean it. Other than that, the hotel was clean and so was the room. The price was also good and we got a nice military discount!! I would definitely stay at that location again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your kind words and we enjoyed having you stay with us during your class reunion. We hope to see you again soon!
Howell, Michigan
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Our stay was 7/19 - 7/20. The room was clean and comfortable, bathroom was clean, hotel was clean. I booked through Hotel.com and found out could not use my AARP discount when I registered because I booked through a third party.. nothing they could do for me.. lesson learned this trip...everything was good except we had to ask couple times for the coffee, because they were empty each time and the breakfast was less than desirable.... cheese omelets and waffles, nothing else other than cold breakfast....we went out to breakfast. It was good for an overnight stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
I'm sorry that breakfast was not to your liking. We are still working on trying all of Hampton's new breakfast items to see what our guests like the most. Thank you for your feedback and that will be taken into consideration when deciding on what items to have for our guests.