“Must try cheesecake!”

Gino's Steakhouse of Merrillville
Reserve with OpenTable
Gino's Steakhouse of Merrillville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 154 Restaurants in Merrillville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

We had dinner here tonight, our first visit. The bell pepper appetizer was very good, dip the bread in the oil on the peppers, so good! We had the ribeye and twice baked potato. The steak was good, not the best I've ever had, the potato was delicious! The service was wonderful, thanks Melissa.
We got the cheesecake with strawberries for dessert, it was awesome! Light and fluffy, probably the best I've ever had! We will return soon, maybe just for the awesome cheesecake.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I went there both for lunch and dinner. The greeter greets me without even looking at me.
Tina as a server was very good the other server tentative. The steaks are good and the sides are also pretty good. My lunch Steak Ceasar was fine in taste and they used the tail of tenderloin which was juice and tender however the large outer leaves of the romaine were messy to eat. The marinated peppers that come with a delicious bread are worth going to Gino's for. A simple dish but well received as most Italian restaurants still do the parmesan olive oil thing that you will never see it in Italy.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

The meal we had was terrible! The calamari was like rubber. The angel hair pasta was over cooked (mushy) and had too much sauce. The steak was just passable, but the french fries were not freshly made more like something left over and reheated.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I came here with several friends I hadn't seen in a while. Our waitress was friendly, gave us great service and didn't seem to mind in the least when a 4th friend arrived after we had already eaten and ordered food. She was very content to let us sit and chat for as long as we wanted.

The extensive menu gave everyone something to offer. We started the meal with a complimentary appetizer of marinated peppers that I thought was just excellent and warm bread. I ordered the Airline Chicken Vesuvio Style and it was delicious. The chicken was cooked just right and the sauce was tasty with just a touch of tang. Two of my friends ordered Fettuccine Alfredo, and the third ordered the lamb. They all thought the food was excellent.

Halfway through the meal a musician started playing in the bar or patio. Because of the open floor plan we could hear it at our table, providing a lovely complement to the meal.

My only disappointment was the salad that came with the meal. We were served a huge bowl of lettuce and one cherry tomato and one slice of cucumber. I thought they need more veggies in their salad. I ordered it with a balsamic vinaigrette but it taste just like an oil and vinegar thrown on the salad.

All in all, I'd definitely return here when in the area.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I attended a wedding in Merrillville and Gino's catered the rehearsal dinner (at a breakfast restaurant that closes at 3 pm). So I can only comment on their food, not their actual building, nor the value or atmosphere. I had mushroom appetizers, salad, the salmon, and the chocolate cake for desert. Everyone liked the food. The chocolate cake was particularly very good. Things left blank below are because I do not know.