“Had Room Service From There”
Review of TJ Maloneys - CLOSED

TJ Maloneys
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Home of traditional Irish food, beverage and hospitality in Northwest Indiana - T.J. Maloney's Authentic Irish Pub is one of the area's and Merrillville, Indiana's top social destinations for meeting with friends, family and business clients. Whether its a power lunch with colleagues, a beer with friends, a birthday celebration, a favorite dinner stop when you're on-the-road, or an important VIP dinner - like an old friend, T.J. Maloney's is the sought-after place you return to again and again. Filled with rich woods, and an elaborate bar with authentic furniture built in Dublin, T.J. Maloney's transports you to an Irish Pub on the Emerald Isle without the flight.
Reviewed 12 March 2013

The corned beef boxty and the grilled reuben are our recommendations. The cole slaw is terrific! I don't think you can take kids in there after 6pm.

Reviewed 8 March 2013

I've been there several times for lunch. The service is lackluster and the food is ho-hum and overpriced. The furniture is really, really uncomfortable too. I can't think of a single reason to recommend this place.

1  Thank mickspicks
Joseph F, General Manager at TJ Maloneys, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

Good Day Stephanie C,

Thank you for your consideration and positive review! I insure you this will be shared with our team and we are delighted to serve you again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 6 January 2013

I've been a few times and each time they amaze me with their service and sincere smiles. The food is always exceptional and it's a real treat to have such a great place here in Merrillville!

Joseph F, General Manager at TJ Maloneys, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Good Day Mary S,

It brings us great joy to hear about the service you were provided. We make every effort to strive for a family atmosphere in the house of Maloney! We consistently strive for continuous improvement and revise our menu annual with new flavors. We trust you will return and relish our drive and desire to be an Authentic Irish Pub at T.J.. Maloney's.

Reviewed 19 December 2012

Food is in big portions here. I ordered the Irish Nachos, which is an appetizer, and not only could I not finish the entire plate, but it was very filling. The wait staff is very kind, they are not picky about seating and get to know you as a customer genuinely. Pricing is not too bad. Standard for a sit down restaurant. Only complaint I have is my phone service did not work in the way back of the restaurant neither does the complimentary hotel wifi.

Good Day ASamIAm,

Thank you for your kind words and dedicaiton to our Authentic Irish Pub T.J. Maloney's! We pride ourselves on the genuiness of our staff, food and flavor! It is curious to me regarding your mobile service, and I will review - thanks for the information.

We trust you will be back soon as everyone is family in the House of Maloney!

Best regards,

Reviewed 14 October 2012

They have great Irish food and a very well stocked bar.

The staff (Management included) are friendly and always available.

The last time we were there, the manager took the time to teach my daughter some phrases in Gaelic.

What more can you ask for?