“No electricity”

Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Michigan City
Reviewed 10 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Karen W, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Michigan City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Saw the dumpster there last month while traveling thru town, figured something was up.
New owners since beginning of year doing some renovations.
We decided to stay because the kids just got outta skool.
Pool was just redone so it was great for the kids. A free breakfast too!
Quieter than the others by the interstate, clean presentable rooms and a great staff.
Water issue though.
Not real hot and virtually no cold. Must be a back flow problem but still great pressure.

• Stayed: June 2014
Karen W, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Michigan City, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

I'm happy to hear you decided to stay with us. You are right that we have done some remodeling and are currently still updating areas of our hotel. We are sorry about the water temperature issues and we work to fix this issue the moment we are notified. I hope you will come see us again in the future.

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

This was absolutely the worst place that I have ever strayed in my whole life! The lady that checked us in was rude from the time we checked in, our room had candy and other debris left from the last guests, the sliding door to the outside from our room was broken which really made me feel unsafe and if your claustrophobic you sure dont want to stay here as the standard room is so tiny. They start "cleaning" at around five a.m. and the doors on the rooms are so heavy they just let them slam shut. So from five in the morning until they are finished all you hear is banging and loud vacuuming. They offer free breakfast in the morning from 8 until 10 (or at least thats what they told us at the counter and what the sign says) but twice we have been down just after nine and its already been put away. The pool area was slimy and they dont check to make sure everyone is out before they shut the lights off on you. I would rather have slept in my car and from the previous reviews I believe the owner should spend less time apologizing for the unhappy reviews and more time fixing what needs to be fixed. Yuk!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Melissa C
Karen W, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Michigan City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

I'm sorry about your stay but I'm wondering if you are talking about our hotel? Our breakfast sign clearly states our breakfast is Monday thru Friday from 6am to 9am and Saturday/Sunday from 6am to 10am. Our housekeeping staff works from 9am to when they are done and no one but our midnight front desk is here at 5am. I will agree that our King rooms are a little crowded but our Queen and Double Beds I have been told have ample room to get around. Our pool area has recently been remodeled and has new flooring and walls. I will say, our lights are on a timer in the pool room and sometimes it does need to be reset or manually turned on. Again, I'm very sorry about your issue with us and I wish I would have met you in person during your stay for me to have helped with the issues at hand. I wish you best travels in the future.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed here on Business and had everything I needed. The pool/hot tub was great to relax in after a long day of work. The wifi in the room was fast and had a good connection. In the morning the breafest staff was great and the hot breafest was great for the price! Will be back soon. Keep up the good work

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Karen W, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Michigan City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for all your compliments during your stay with us. Our goal is to excel in customer service and I'm glad to see we did that with you. Please come back to see us soon!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Use two rooms. Worked out great for myself and children.
Great location for our needs.
The exception was the noise people in the next room a 2:45 in the morning.
Maybe a roaming guard.

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

We are happy to hear that your stay with us was pleasant other than the noise. We work on responding quickly to any issues with noise in our rooms or hallways. We hope to see you and your family again in the future!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Karen W, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Michigan City, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Reviewed 28 May 2014

You can tell this hotel is a work in progress, getting upgraded slowly as time allows. It's been there for ages and has gone through many name changes - hopefully they keep working on it because with Baymont it has a lot of potential! We had requested a suite as the suite was cheaper than a regular room with a king bed and the suite was actually 2 full hotel rooms that had the wall knocked down between them! We had a little range, kitchen sink, microwave and a small refrigerator at our disposal as well as 2 bathrooms. The bed was comfortable and we had no problems getting an extra blanket when we needed it. The only problem was that when we checked in, we intended to use a different card from the one the reservation was under and let the front desk representative know right away. She told us that they'd run a verification on that card already (they never asked) but that there would be NO hold on my card. Well, when I went to get money I found out there was a hold after all, which caused a bit of a cramp in our plans for the long weekend. It did get removed though and we worked around it.

Room Tip: Watch for deals!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

I am very happy to hear you enjoyed out suite during your stay. The suite has a lot to offer! I am very sorry though that the credit card authorization was not explained correctly at the front desk upon your arrival. It is standard that all hotels authorize a credit card for your anticipated stay then the hold does drop off if you pay with cash or a different form of payment from when you check in. I have made sure that ALL front desk staff are aware to explain this situation to all our guest. We hope you will come back and see us in the future.