“Enjoyable Dinner Prior to a Great Sunset”
Review of Maxines - CLOSED

Maxines
Cuisines: American, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Enjoyable Dinner Prior to a Great Sunset”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

We had always wanted to try this restaurant when traveling through Michigan City. The decor is welcoming and warm. We had a great server, Diane and met the wonderful and personable owner. I had the skate, which is in the stingray family. Prepared well and it was quite tasty. The salad and bread were very good and the appetizer scallops were very nice. My partner raved about her lasagna. We were very pleased and will be back.

2 Thank EAY1976

Indiana
“Has potential”
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Some friends had drinks, dinner together here. The interior is much larger than I expected. Decor is tasteful. Waiter was attentive but lacked confidence and ability to fully answer questions about the menu. When ordering drinks, we used the drink menu but after ordering were told it wasn't in stock. When we asked waiter what his favorite thing/recommendation on the menu was, he named something that is no longer on the menu.
We had hors d'oeuvres, drinks, and entrees. All fine, but I impressive. I had the vincigrasi (lasagna), which was mediocre.
In May they are highlighting Hoosier-crafted beers. I tried the flight of 6, which was an impressive sampler.
Overall, this restaurant had potential, but I wouldn't rush back.

1 Thank IndianaOnTheGo
“Great service”
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

Went there with my wife for a lunch date. Good food and great local beers on tap! The sever knew all the answers about the food and the beers available. Will go again!!

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Best Restaurant in Town”
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went there for our birthdays. The service was great and food delicious. I had the crab cakes and while not as good as a Maryland crab cake it was very good. They had a jazz group playing so gad a very nice atmosphere. Reasonably priced, good wine and menu selection.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank CarolinaBlonde
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Wonderful place”
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Took my wife here for her Birthday while visiting Michigan City. This is the best restaurant in downtown. The food was excellent and the staff was attentive and friendly....ask for Patricia as your waitress. They had an excellent jazz trio the friday night we were there and with a lively crowd, it was a great experience. Try the medallions tournedos and if they have it, the quail appetizer....exquisite