“Disappointment”

Friendship Botanic Gardens
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I remember this place from when I was a child. There used to be a beautiful Rose Garden here.
Now, The whole place appears to be very neglected. Very weedy, unkempt. I would not waste my time stopping here.
Sad, but true.

3  Thank Colleen W
There are newer reviews for Friendship Botanic Gardens

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We went to the International Friendship Gardens for our annual commemoration of September 11th. The Gardens are perfect for our sitting and walking meditation. The original purpose of the Gardens, installed for a world's fair, is totally congruent with forgiveness, peacefulness, and mindfulness. It's a lovely place to spend a few hours.

5  Thank Consultcinda
Reviewed 28 March 2012

serenity Please look at above review I think I said everything you needed to hear there

4  Thank jamemichigancity
Reviewed 11 October 2011

The gardens for individual nations were very unimpressive. Norway was ok and it went downhill from there. Except for the wedding pavilion it had very few blooming plants but PLENTY of weeds. I was planning on coming back with a friend that has a wheel chair but this would not work out due to the uneven earthen paths. The colors of the trees were wonderful but this was the best thing about the whole place. The parking lot was well tended as was the wedding pavilion. It looks like they need more volunteers and a LOT more money!

3  Thank pondgal
Reviewed 13 May 2011

This is indeed a hidden gem in the Chicago area. . About 100 acres, half woodland trails and half lawn and gardens. In May the flowering trees are spectacular - later June roses, annuals and perennials are highlighted. It is incredibly peaceful. A great place to "Get away from it all". Two of my children were married there in the last five years. Guest from all over the country loved it.

8  Thank Jeanette39