“It's more of a combo garden and hiking trail, not like a botanical garden.”

Friendship Botanic Gardens
Reviewed 24 September 2010

This is a cute, decent place. I went here this summer with my husband and I just went into it with different expectations. I was thinking it would be more like a botanical garden with lots and lots of flowers and blooming plants. It does have some flowers and plants, but also several areas that are just fields and then the hiking trails.

If you want to do the hiking trail, I would recommend wearing some type of gym shoe. I wore cute shoes not realizing about the trails. In some places the trails are a bit overgrown and wild, so you will have to be ready to push plants aside, etc. You may want long pants so you won't scratch your legs. I would recommend bug spray as well.

Overall, it is an okay way to spend an afternoon and probably nice for kids to run around in, but don't go in to it expecting to see flowers like you would at an arboretum or botanical garden.

11  Thank LyssaIL
There are newer reviews for Friendship Botanic Gardens

Reviewed 9 September 2010

My daughter was married at the International Friendship Gardens recently. The location is beautiful and perfect if you're looking for an outdoor venue. The garden staff is made up of volunteers and we struggled with them returning phone calls and general organization for our event. No one seemed to know what was going on despite the many calls made and forms submitted to try to get everyone on the same page. The night of the rehearsal was a bit caotic. We were told that we only had one hour as there was a second rehearsal following ours. Someone from the Gardens arrived to facilitate who knew nothing of our arrangements and we spent half of our time answering all of her questions which would have been in our file if she'd have had it. We felt rushed and unorganized as we left. Mesquitos were an issue but that was the handy work of Mother Nature and to be expected with an outdoor venue. All in all, once we got through the details and they stressful planning moments, it was a beautiful wedding.

6  Thank buildit8881