“Fun With Grandkids”

Old Lighthouse Museum
More attraction details
Owner description: The only lighthouse museum in Indiana.
Knox
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Fun With Grandkids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012 via mobile

I took my 7 year old grandson. He had a good time, he asked questions the whole time we was there, there was someone close to answer him. I thought I would get I am bored or I want to go home, instead he has told everyone about the great time he had and how much he liked the people that ran the place.. (lol) they really took the time for him.

4 Thank Theresa V

38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Great Fun and Interesting History”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

We enjoyed our visit with the docent here who told us all about the history of the lighthouse. Beautiful!

Chicago 'Burb Mom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“More than Maritime”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

Toured this museum with a friend while on a girls' getaway and was very pleased. While I did expect to see alot of fishing, boating and lighthouse memorabilia, I did NOT expect all the other historical artifacts! There was so much history packed into this little building...clothing, furniture, mementos of the past and of the town. We were there on a Friday afternoon and for much of our visit we were the only visitors, so the "curator" (I believe his name was Jim) gave us an extensive tour and was able to share a lot of info with us. He grew up in Michigan City, and was able to share so many stories and tidbits from the past. A very worthwhile visit!

Visited April 2012
2 Thank C1313
LaPorte, Indiana, United States
“Michigan City”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Good place to visit for anyone that appreciates the history of the Michigan City lakefront.

Porter, Indiana, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beautiful!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

I love coming here to clear my head. Just standing with the wind blowing is nothing words can say.