“A life of a lightkeeper”

Old Lighthouse Museum
More attraction details
Owner description: The only lighthouse museum in Indiana.
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My wife and I took our two young daughters to the lighthouse museum on a nice but windy afternoon in October. We saw a great number of artifacts and saw how the Lightkeeper and the assistant lived. The building is restored well. This turned out to be a nice little find. We saw this museum and the Barker mansion in the same afternoon. We enjoyed the day.

3  Thank historyexplorer
"indiana"
"furnishings"
"waves"

Reviewed 27 October 2012

We really enjoyed going through this small local museum. The docents were very nice and gave us some introductory information. We did a self-guided tour with a folder that had information on each room, or you could press a button in each room and listen to the same information over an audio system, which was great. If you like to know the history of an area you are visiting, this is a good place to visit.

1  Thank Kathie W
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Learned quite a bit about the lighthouse and its significance during various parts of Indiana and the nation's history overall. Visit the museum and then go to the lighthouse...breathtaking view...especially if it's a bit windy and the waves are crashing against the platform.

1  Thank DonnaPerdue
Reviewed 29 September 2012

It's a nice day trip, but left us wanting something more to do...it's the only thing around that I found to do. I mean I could have sat on the beach, but that wasn't my plan for the day

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 August 2012 via mobile

I took my 7 year old grandson. He had a good time, he asked questions the whole time we was there, there was someone close to answer him. I thought I would get I am bored or I want to go home, instead he has told everyone about the great time he had and how much he liked the people that ran the place.. (lol) they really took the time for him.

4  Thank Theresa V