“Steakhouse”
Review of Blue Chip Casino

Blue Chip Casino
More attraction details
Owner description: The 35-acre Blue Chip Casino, Hotel & Spa entertainment destination in Michigan City, Indiana includes a full service casino with 65,000 square feet on one level, a 102,000 square foot pavilion with five restaurants, an entertainment lounge, a spa, gift shop, two hotel towers with a total of 486 rooms and the Stardust Event Center for conventions, meetings and special events.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Steakhouse”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

So so good. My ribeye with the bone was delish. The wait staff was so nice. Food very affordable. Nice and cozy. The only thing I don't like is smoking is allowed

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

London, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“nice casino!”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

had fun at this casino.. did some winning and losing.. came out even (which is luckier than normal for me!) Lots to do here and very accessible to wheelchairs.

Visited August 2014
Indiana
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Not bad for a Casino”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Been there numerous times since it was built. Some Hotel stays are comp'd, sometimes we just pay for the rooms. Sometimes we've been "had" on the rooms (gave away our room cuz we got there after 8 pm local time), but the website states that they'll hold the room until 8, but after that you're rolling the dice...pun intended, so what's the complaint? Been in both hotels and the new Blue is nicer, but the comps only apply to the old Tower, so we're cool with that. Yes....to all you who complain about everything....we're evil smokers. But our $$s are just as good as non-smokers, and we never complain about you complaining about us. So live and let live, and try to have fun for a change....or did you go to the Blue Chip to just be miserable? (BTW....we swear, drink, and gamble, too...OMG...but we are "clean" and take daily showers, unlike some people we've sat next to at the slots and poker tables...). We stayed at the Blue chip on Aug 5th (another comp'd room). We got there right as the entire computer system crashed and burned. It was down for over 2 hours. They comp'd the "whiners", so they left to cash-in their freebees....but for those of us who were the last 2 or 3 die-hards that stayed in the line for over 2 hours it was no big deal other than being a "delay". I do fell bad for Jack....his first day back to on day shift after spending time on nights, and being faced with that nightmare right off the bat. He handled it very professionally, as did all the staff. I was taken aback by the number of people who were complaining about how they were put out cuz they couldn't get their rooms after being told the system was down. Give me a break. They weren't standing in the line for over 2 hours. Some people....I'll tell ya. The room service Filet Mignon was FABULOUS (for both of us), and almost as good as William B's, but it was even better when eaten in the comfort of our room cuz we were pooped out. We've eaten at William Bs several times and it's primo!! Nelson's Delli Chicken Salad is also great medicine at the end of a long night of gambling and drinking and smoking, hee, hee. There can be lots to complain about, I guess, and some people just do that. What they seem to forget is that it's a CASINO, duh, not a 5-star luxury resort with a beach out the back door. For us, the Blue Chip is just fine, and it's great since it's within our 2 hour drive comfort-zone. We go there to unwind, drink, gamble, smoke, swear, have fun, and then go home and catch up on the sleep we lost (we're retired). Why would you go there for anything else? The buffet is traditional and like every other buffet on the planet. Yes....the 4-Winds has more machines, and more to offer sometimes, but the prices for rooms are way up there when compared to the Blue Chip, and their atmosphere is more like Vegas. But their drinks are just as expensive, and their buffet is just as ordinary as the Blue Chip's. I've gone to the 4-Winds, and others around Indiana/Illinois several times for a change, but I keep coming back to "home base". Why? Beats me... ;-) Must be the atmosphere, I guess. We've never had problems with ANYONE on the Staff, and most guests are pleasant and not the bullies and machine-hogs you run into at some other casinos.

1 Thank J D
Phoenix, Arizona
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Nice casino with fun mid-afternoon entertainment”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The casino is like most of it's type. Tons of slots and cards. The atmosphere of the place is dull compared to other nearby casinos. The one thing that is very good is the mid-afternoon live entertainment in the bar. I have seen two really fun bands that got a lot of people dancing. I believe this entertainment is only on Friday and Saturday afternoon. Catch a show if you can.

Visited July 2014
Cedar Park, Texas
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“Fun place to stay and play”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Not Vegas but I didn't expect it to be. Play was fun and dealers friendly. They had a wide selection of table games available and I had no trouble getting a seat. Drinks are reasonably priced. My only complaint is the smoke which wasn't horrible but still ever present.

Washington Park right near the casino is a great stop too if you are staying a couple days.

Overall I recommend a stop over.

Visited August 2014