“Yummy ice cream served with smiles!”

Bubbles Ice Cream Parlor & Pie Shoppe
Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Michigan City
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Cute 50's diner décor serving large variety of creamy hand scooped ice cream and other dessert treats. Servers were friendly and efficient, quickly serving my group of 14, and prices reasonable for the quantity and quality. The owner (Kim) was in the shop and greeted us warmly, making sure we found seating at a large picnic table outside. It was a perfect evening and the kids loved playing in the bubble machine. Difficult to choose from all my favorite ice cream flavors, and next time I'll try the pie too!

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Wonderful service, excellent tasting ice creams and pies! Slices were amazingly huge! Everything was delicious and good! Enjoyed sitting outside after a dinner elsewhere and soaking up the summer night. One down side is they have no sugar-free offerings. Just a suggestion but a flavor or two that diabetics could enjoy would have made this a 6 rating!

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Bubbles has a great variety of delicious ice cream (and bakery) treats. Beyond the great treats, though, is the service. We walked in 12 minutes after their posted closing time (not realizing it). The girls working did not even show a hint of irritation - just jumped into serving us. The owner/manager was there and was as friendly as the girls. He offered us a special deal on the cupcakes that remained at the end of the day to make room for fresh tomorrow. He also praised his clerks very openly. Having a hospitality background myself, I love to see (and frequent) businesses that treat their people right. This guy did! And it showed in the way his people treated the customers. I highly recommend this ice cream parlor - and I won't forget it the next time I'm in Michigan City.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Unexpected ice cream shop in a small town. Lots of choices and three different cone choices to boot. Each of my family had the small portion, which I feel was a bit of an oxymoron, since it seemed rather large to me. About $3 for a "small", a little pricy but worth it for a treat. Eclectic atmosphere.

Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

Great place,clean, friendly staff, over 30 flavors to choose from. The banana royale is to die for! They are also open on 4th of July lucky us. You won't be sorry you came here the portions were also very large.