“Unique and Cool spot! Not a typical hotel!”
Review of The Bridge Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Michigan City
The Bridge Inn
Reviewed 21 July 2012

My husband and I and our 7 year old daughter stayed here overnight- we picked the location based on the proximity to Washington State Park and the beautiful beach there- We were very pleased with our suite #6- it was very clean and cute- no hassle with checking in/out as you get a code to your room and leave when you are done!! We couldn't figure out the A/C but called and left the owner a Voice mail and when we got back to our room later it was ice cold!- Great and fun place to eat right out side the suite- we will definitely stay there again! It is our kind of cool!!

Room Tip: "Suite #6 was nice and clean- we slept through the night without any issues- never heard the tr...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank sscarlyg
There are newer reviews for The Bridge Inn

Reviewed 5 January 2012

My husband and I wanted to go away someplace close to home for our anniversary. In searching out hotels in the Michigan City area I was so bored with all the hotels listed. They all looked the same to me. I wanted someplace that didn't look like all the rest -- some place that had some personality to it and was also clean and nice. As soon as I stumbled upon The Bridge Inn, I knew this was the place. Located on the river which leads out to Lake Michigan, which is very close and right by a railroad trestle bridge (thus the name of the hotel), you can watch as it turns to make way for a train and turns back to allow boats passage through. While the surrounding area looks a bit run down, the basic feel to the area is that of an old fishing village. In season, you can charter fishing boats that will take you out into the lake for a day of fishing. We would like to go back and do this sometime. The look of the hotel is quite charming on the outside with little porthole windows and what looks like a lighthouse beacon on top. That is the main building. There is another building too, across the parking lot -- they face each other. The main building is yellow and the other is blue. This I liked, too, just because everything you find anymore is all boring neutral colors. I liked the bright cheerful colors here. There are colorfully painted adirondack chairs outside each room where you can sit and enjoy the weather and company. Inside the rooms are very new, clean and fresh. Modern also. They are suites, so you have a living room area with a sleeper-couch and throw pillows, pretty wall-hangings and historic photos, a kitchen area, complete with a stove/oven and microwave, a sink, a mini-fridge, coffee-maker, plates, dinnerware and glasses, etc. Even towels and dish soap. The bathroom was beautiful with marble counters, a big mirror with a golden frame, and a bath-sized shower. Then there is a bedroom with a door you can close. The bed was a bit firm for me, but I slept very well. The tv is small, which made no difference to me as I don't need one at all (hubby does!). There is satelite tv also. The windows are screened and can be opened for fresh air and the lovely sent of pine from the surrounding trees. Oh yesh and there are ceiling fans in both the bedroom and kitchen area. A table where you can eat also. Big dresser in the bedroom with matching mirror and nightstand. Everything was just lovely. If this gives you any idea of the ambience of the place, one of my husband's and my favorite movies is "It Happened One Night" starring Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert. If you are familiar with the movie and remember the cute little bungalows they stayed in, this place reminded me of those. Much more modern and spacious, but the same type of charm. It was just perfect for us and I can't wait until we go back! The price was only about $99 a night which was extremely reasonable for a suite, and one so nice :-)

Room Tip: There are different type rooms, ones with jacuzzi's, 2 twin beds, 1 queen, 2 queen, etc. So, lo...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maroonbell
Reviewed 27 October 2011

When my husband and I stayed at bridge inn for one night we were woken up SEVERAL times throughout the night from the people in the next room over and the people below us. We could clearly hear them talking in normal voices and a baby crying all night. Horrible! Well never stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2011

We had booked the Bridge for 1 night and it was very good for that purpose. We went to sleep at around 11 and woke up at 8 and didn't have any problems with the noise the train makes when it passes by real close.

The room (#7) was very clean and comfortable with a good air conditioner. The window coverings were not room darkening (which is my taste) but were good enough that we didn't wake up at dawn

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2011

We were so excited for a two night stay away from our two little (under 4yrs) kiddos. Unfortunately, we hardly slept (we were in room #8).... On the positive side, the person who booked our stay was very helpful and quick to respond. Our room was mostly clean with the exception of what looked like grease stains on the sheets, toe nail clippings on a deck chair , and crumbs on top of the refrigerator. We didn't let that bother us though, on the whole the place was quite nice with plenty of room, a kitchen, and porch.

However, the negatives in the sleep area will make me never stay here again. First, the Inn is right by a large metal swing bridge and our room had a perfect view of it. The Amtrak train from Chicago goes over that bridge several times during the night and each time the bridge sounds a loud siren when the bridge opens (that woke me up each time). Also, our bedroom which faced the bridge had no window shades so we had a perfect view of the very well lit bridge all night long - I had a hard time sleeping as it was so bright I felt like our room light was on. Finally, the bed was so lumpy and soft that our backs were very sore in the morning.

The location would have been just okay, it is a very industrial area but close to the Dunes and the downtown area. The restaurant next door served decent bar food but certainly had excellent atmosphere (think Jimmy Buffet style fun). In summary, I wanted to like it but would not go back.

Room Tip: Request a room farther away from the bridge so you don' t have the lights shining in your bedroo...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple