“Cute and unique place on water with a cool bar and restaurant- "discovered" by my daughter.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bridge Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Michigan City
The Bridge Inn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Had a group gathering to celebrate my daughter's 40th b'day. She found this place on a previous gambling wk-end at the Blue Chip Casino. There was a great beach nearby (we walked there, then to outlet mall and then shoreline brewery for dinner-great IPA's)! Back to bridge inn, then a night of gambling and multigenerational dancing. When we returned from casino, the bridge bar was still hoppin'. Registration is
different-call to register and get a code to open room door. The best room for a group is 2nd floor overlooking water (don't know number). Hate to share the secret for such a cool place. We'll be back!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Dianne D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

The Bridge Inn was the perfect location for my stay in Michigan City IN. If you're looking for a room with a view. Room #4 has a deck overlooking the marina on the canal. There is also a railroad bridge the blows a siren and then moves into position so the AMTRK can pass by. Neither the bridge nor the train were that disturbing. Fun to watch. The staff is attentive and the rooms were clean. We stayed four nights and it was far better than being stuck on the freeway in some franchise hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank PepperMn
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

I loved this place when I stayed here a few weeks ago but did not write a review because I didn't want anybody to know about the stash spot. :) But that is not fair at all. It really is a cool place that is much more convenient and less smokey than the casino. Owner is a solid dude. He treated me like a king and even came down to check out one of my projects I was working on.

Room Tip: Room 8 is the mack daddy with one awesome private deck but every room has a balcony.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Wal-Dawg
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

I really like this place. It's not your usual box with a bed. It's in the old Pioneer lumber pier area and has a unique flair of it's on. The rooms are all very nice.
Yes it's next to the railroad tracks and next to a turnstile rail bridge. And the noise of the trains and warning horns may bother some, But I did not find that a problem. A wonderful unique place.

• Stayed August 2012
6 Thank thekauz
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

My husband and I and our 7 year old daughter stayed here overnight- we picked the location based on the proximity to Washington State Park and the beautiful beach there- We were very pleased with our suite #6- it was very clean and cute- no hassle with checking in/out as you get a code to your room and leave when you are done!! We couldn't figure out the A/C but called and left the owner a Voice mail and when we got back to our room later it was ice cold!- Great and fun place to eat right out side the suite- we will definitely stay there again! It is our kind of cool!!

Room Tip: "Suite #6 was nice and clean- we slept through the night without any issues- never heard the tr...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank sscarlyg
Northern Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

My husband and I wanted to go away someplace close to home for our anniversary. In searching out hotels in the Michigan City area I was so bored with all the hotels listed. They all looked the same to me. I wanted someplace that didn't look like all the rest -- some place that had some personality to it and was also clean and nice. As soon as I stumbled upon The Bridge Inn, I knew this was the place. Located on the river which leads out to Lake Michigan, which is very close and right by a railroad trestle bridge (thus the name of the hotel), you can watch as it turns to make way for a train and turns back to allow boats passage through. While the surrounding area looks a bit run down, the basic feel to the area is that of an old fishing village. In season, you can charter fishing boats that will take you out into the lake for a day of fishing. We would like to go back and do this sometime. The look of the hotel is quite charming on the outside with little porthole windows and what looks like a lighthouse beacon on top. That is the main building. There is another building too, across the parking lot -- they face each other. The main building is yellow and the other is blue. This I liked, too, just because everything you find anymore is all boring neutral colors. I liked the bright cheerful colors here. There are colorfully painted adirondack chairs outside each room where you can sit and enjoy the weather and company. Inside the rooms are very new, clean and fresh. Modern also. They are suites, so you have a living room area with a sleeper-couch and throw pillows, pretty wall-hangings and historic photos, a kitchen area, complete with a stove/oven and microwave, a sink, a mini-fridge, coffee-maker, plates, dinnerware and glasses, etc. Even towels and dish soap. The bathroom was beautiful with marble counters, a big mirror with a golden frame, and a bath-sized shower. Then there is a bedroom with a door you can close. The bed was a bit firm for me, but I slept very well. The tv is small, which made no difference to me as I don't need one at all (hubby does!). There is satelite tv also. The windows are screened and can be opened for fresh air and the lovely sent of pine from the surrounding trees. Oh yesh and there are ceiling fans in both the bedroom and kitchen area. A table where you can eat also. Big dresser in the bedroom with matching mirror and nightstand. Everything was just lovely. If this gives you any idea of the ambience of the place, one of my husband's and my favorite movies is "It Happened One Night" starring Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert. If you are familiar with the movie and remember the cute little bungalows they stayed in, this place reminded me of those. Much more modern and spacious, but the same type of charm. It was just perfect for us and I can't wait until we go back! The price was only about $99 a night which was extremely reasonable for a suite, and one so nice :-)

Room Tip: There are different type rooms, ones with jacuzzi's, 2 twin beds, 1 queen, 2 queen, etc. So, lo...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank maroonbell
Chicago, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

When my husband and I stayed at bridge inn for one night we were woken up SEVERAL times throughout the night from the people in the next room over and the people below us. We could clearly hear them talking in normal voices and a baby crying all night. Horrible! Well never stay here again!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Hampton Inn & Suites Michigan City
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Michigan City
Baymont Inn & Suites Michigan City
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portage

Been to The Bridge Inn? Share your experiences!