All reviewsswing bridgewashington parkyellow buildingbedroom windowamtrak trainenjoyed our staywaterside grillmini kitchenwithin walking distancethe blue chip casinofeed the duckstrail creekdigit codesmall tvparking lota great place to staypete
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I wrote a review about this hotel a few months ago and have stayed there probably 5 or 6 times in the 3 months since. (Traveling for work) This place easily has the cleanest rooms of any Michigan City hotel. The rooms have real bathrooms and separate suites similar to the Embassy Suites style rooms.

The last time I wrote my review they were just getting their patio and outdoor ready for the summer season and I thought that was cool. Now it is awesome. The boats are in the water and the bar and restaurant are rolling. This place sits right on the river with some cool boat traffic cruising past.

The owners keep expanding and developing the property which is cool too. They were putting in new curbs or sidewalks or something this trip. Great place.

Room Tip: Room 8 is the best room but I have stayed in most of them and they all rule.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Wal-Dawg
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Had a group gathering to celebrate my daughter's 40th b'day. She found this place on a previous gambling wk-end at the Blue Chip Casino. There was a great beach nearby (we walked there, then to outlet mall and then shoreline brewery for dinner-great IPA's)! Back to bridge inn, then a night of gambling and multigenerational dancing. When we returned from casino, the bridge bar was still hoppin'. Registration is
different-call to register and get a code to open room door. The best room for a group is 2nd floor overlooking water (don't know number). Hate to share the secret for such a cool place. We'll be back!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Dianne D
Reviewed 6 July 2013

The Bridge Inn was the perfect location for my stay in Michigan City IN. If you're looking for a room with a view. Room #4 has a deck overlooking the marina on the canal. There is also a railroad bridge the blows a siren and then moves into position so the AMTRK can pass by. Neither the bridge nor the train were that disturbing. Fun to watch. The staff is attentive and the rooms were clean. We stayed four nights and it was far better than being stuck on the freeway in some franchise hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank PepperMn
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I loved this place when I stayed here a few weeks ago but did not write a review because I didn't want anybody to know about the stash spot. :) But that is not fair at all. It really is a cool place that is much more convenient and less smokey than the casino. Owner is a solid dude. He treated me like a king and even came down to check out one of my projects I was working on.

Room Tip: Room 8 is the mack daddy with one awesome private deck but every room has a balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Wal-Dawg
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I really like this place. It's not your usual box with a bed. It's in the old Pioneer lumber pier area and has a unique flair of it's on. The rooms are all very nice.
Yes it's next to the railroad tracks and next to a turnstile rail bridge. And the noise of the trains and warning horns may bother some, But I did not find that a problem. A wonderful unique place.

• Stayed: August 2012