“Spotless and Updated”
Review of The Bridge Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Michigan City
The Bridge Inn
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Was pleasantly surprised at the accommodations, spotlessly clean, spacious, and updated. For a small inn, it deserves five stars. We were looking for a place to stay near Washington Park for an event and didn't want to stay in a chain hotel near the interstate. Found The Bridge Inn and was very happy with our stay and location. Spoke with Pete to make our reservation; he was very patient, pleasant, and helpful. We absolutely loved having the keyless entry and it was the absolute easiest check-in/check-out process we've ever had. Nice little bar/restaurant right across the parking lot that is on the water.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor in the yellow building, there is also a blue building but I'm not su...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mary Kathryn N

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This was a neat place. Nice little Inn with restaurant right there. Very close to Washington Park and Beach. Room was clean, Bathroom was clean, and so was kitchenette. It was a small TV, but at least it had one!
it is nice if you are looking for something a little different from a Hotel.
We would return again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank deana g
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I was in Michigan City on business for a week and a half and my employer set me up at the Bridge Inn, I'm guessing because it had cheap rates. The first two nights I stayed there were adequate. The room left a little to be desired and while it wasn't filthy it never felt clean.

I returned home for the weekend and returned Monday night and opened my door to find someone else staying in the room. The proprietor told me they did not issue keys and the rooms had coded locks. Apparently the codes never change. I instantly found another hotel and I hope I save someone else from making my mistake.

DO NOT STAY AT THE BRIDGE INN

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank tom r
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We read all the other reviews and thought this place would be cool! It would be, except for the pathetic excuse for a bed. We felt the springs through the thin padding. Our hips were bruised in the morning. Whats the most basic thing you ask of a hotel, but a good nights sleep. Well forget that here. The bed was so bad, we could only laugh at the itty bitty TV and gravel parking lot. For a few bucks less we should have stayed at the Blue Chip. Sorry, but we can not recommend this place at all, unless they replace the beds. Oh, and front desk? there's none here, call the guy on his cell phone. Kinda weird, too.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 5.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MichaelS1964
Pete F, Manager at The Bridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2015

Bridge Inn has replaced any old mattress, such as the one this guest rightly complained about, with a new premium mattress and foundation. Ours is a property for beach going and recreational guests. The parking lot is gravel and asphalt, not fitting that one would find at a chain hotel off the freeway, but more like you would find in Jamaica. As for my cell phone, I wish this guest would had called it so that I could have offered them another room with a more comfortable mattress.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We've stayed at this place at least once per year for the last 5 years and it's always top notch. Awesome location, awesome rooms, great value, great restaurant. We always stop over at the restaurant for dinner and drinks and it never disappoints. We headed across the bridge to the Blue Chip this time and had a blast. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone traveling to Michigan City.

Room Tip: The pull out couch beds aren't very comfy.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Elilewandowski
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I wrote a review about this hotel a few months ago and have stayed there probably 5 or 6 times in the 3 months since. (Traveling for work) This place easily has the cleanest rooms of any Michigan City hotel. The rooms have real bathrooms and separate suites similar to the Embassy Suites style rooms.

The last time I wrote my review they were just getting their patio and outdoor ready for the summer season and I thought that was cool. Now it is awesome. The boats are in the water and the bar and restaurant are rolling. This place sits right on the river with some cool boat traffic cruising past.

The owners keep expanding and developing the property which is cool too. They were putting in new curbs or sidewalks or something this trip. Great place.

Room Tip: Room 8 is the best room but I have stayed in most of them and they all rule.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Wal-Dawg
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Had a group gathering to celebrate my daughter's 40th b'day. She found this place on a previous gambling wk-end at the Blue Chip Casino. There was a great beach nearby (we walked there, then to outlet mall and then shoreline brewery for dinner-great IPA's)! Back to bridge inn, then a night of gambling and multigenerational dancing. When we returned from casino, the bridge bar was still hoppin'. Registration is
different-call to register and get a code to open room door. The best room for a group is 2nd floor overlooking water (don't know number). Hate to share the secret for such a cool place. We'll be back!

• Stayed: May 2013