All reviewssports barnew towervegas babyolder towerfloor to ceiling windowstable gameswalk in showerview of lake michiganparking garagelas vegasget awaynice showerrooms are niceoutlet mallstayed one nightking roomwashington park
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here on a weekend day for the night. We live in a southwest Chicago suburb & this Casino & Hotel is only an hour away from our home. The hotel and casino are both very clean and comfortable, and a good value. We booked the hotel through their website, and found a promotion including the room and breakfast. It was a nice getaway for the weekend and and well within our budget.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank 2010Andy703
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

My wife & I attended a conference held at the Blue Chip. Our room in the tower was very comfortable and clean. Free parking in the garage was convenient, although the garage stairwell could use a good cleaning. The casino was fun, however, the ventilation could have been better to clear the cigaret smoke. The food at Options restaurant buffet was a good value with many food choices.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Joseph S
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The food was awsome as was the atmosphere. The server Patty was the best.Made us feel special and gave us the best sevice ever.We will return soon and hope to get Patty again.Thank you Blue Chip!!! We stayed overnite for the first time...the room was great as was the check in experience...The entertanment was so fun....Saw Rick Sausedo and a great New band Smokin Gunz. We cannot wait to return to play and enjoy a great over night...the games also were good to us !!!!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SuzanneG1194
Reviewed 24 March 2014

With the other casino quite nearby, you'd think Blue Chip would step up a bit. The rooms and halls smell like cigarettes! Put your smokers in the old hotel and non-smokers in the new hotel even though it's not permitted in the rooms at all! There was mold in the shower, wall paper peeling, hot water took forever to get to our 4th floor room. Bed was OK but pillows old and flat. At minimum, some down alternatives should be there. The carpet was vacuumed but a sticky substance was on the floor by the window...rather large spot. I just felt like we were staying in a seedy place...we travel A GREAT DEAL and have found nicer hotels in developing nations! Went to front desk and quietly shared our concerns and was told, "I'm sorry ma'am, but all of the rooms are like this." I didn't see a room in the new tower so no comments about those. Still, if there is a difference, Blue Chip needs to address the old hotel and bring it up to par. This is unsatisfactory! I will comment that they often give "Comps" to their casino guests, and if you've walked through the main floor, you can see who stays in those hotel rooms...hence the cigarette smoke smell! Go get a room at the Hampton Inn that's not too far away in LaPorte. They're always solid!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank DonnaPerdue
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I travel over 100 nights a year and have never had issues like I have had here. They screwed up the reservation putting us in the old section when I requested the Spa Tower charged my card originally for three rooms ( which should have been two). They put the upcharge on my bill instead of knowing they should have just gave me the new room rate . They were unwilling to work with me ( dispite the multiple screw up) . Did I mention they don't clean the rooms if you stay multiple nights . The rooms are nice, the hotel clean , but check your entire reservation and bill when you check in . Also be prepared to clean your own room.

• Stayed: March 2014