All reviewssports barnew towervegas babyolder towerfloor to ceiling windowstable gamesview of lake michiganwalk in showerparking garagelas vegasget awaynice showerrooms are niceoutlet mallstayed one nightking roomwashington park
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We did not stay in the Spa tower we stayed in the older part of the hotel the blue chip tower. When we got to our room we checked the bed and found a stain on the blanket. They did come to change it. Also, our room had a smell and was not very clean. The pool area was ok when we went down the first time. But, the second time we went down it was dirty and had towels all over and had something floating in one of the hot tubs. The Casino was small and smelled like smoke and the slot machines were not paying out. The food at Vegas baby was just ok for the price we had a pizza. The Deli that they have open all night is high priced for the food. We had the buffet for breakfast and did not enjoy the food. We were glad that the breakfast was included in the room price. We did get an ok price for it being a Thursday night we paid $80.00 for the room. If we paid $30.00 more we could had stayed in the Blue tower the newer part of the Hotel. But, we did not think the hotel was worth the extra money for one night. It is close to Chicago area if you are going for a short trip. I would not stay more then one night and I would stay in the Blue Spa tower the newer part. Maybe if you stay in one of those rooms you will like it better then we did. We do not think this hotel was anything like the web site. The website made it to look and sound better then it was. The one plus is that it is close to the Lighthouse outlet mall if you like to shop.

Room Tip: Stay in the Blue spa Tower the newer part of the Hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jackie B
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. We apologize that the room cleanliness and the quality of the food at the buffet were not in keeping with our usual high service standards. We make every effort to make each guests stay a delightful one. We continually monitor our guest services and your input is very helpful in improving our products and services. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you personally if you would contact our Hotel Director.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Traveled for our anniversary in October 2013. We upgraded to the "Spa Level" which was worth the extra money - the view would have been amazing if it wasn't for the factories. Hotel was very clean and fresh! The casino portion was a typical casino. The food options were ok - I would go else where for breakfast, I was not impressed for the price paid.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Spa Level!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank flobberbobber
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights for a work-related conference. I am not a gambler, so the casino was not the reason for my visit. The non-smoking king-bed hotel room on floor 15 of the Blue tower was very nice. I requested a lakeside room, because the view of the lake was more appealing than the view of Michigan City. Even so, the view of the lake included the Northern Indiana electrical power plant and a nuclear reactor. If I squinted, and if it was a clear day, I could see the Chicago skyline across the lower curve of Lake Michigan. The room was clean and very spacious. There was a refrigerator, which is always appreciated in any hotel. The bathroom was very large with a walk-in shower. The bed was comfortable. The wireless worked well. The TV was large plasma flat screen with Chicago channels. Some of the furniture looked worn. The conference center on the main floor was away from the restaurants and casino; therefore we didn't have to endure the smell of cigarette smoke in our meetings. I probably wouldn't stay here again unless I have to attend another conference here, because the only other reason to stay here is to gamble.

Room Tip: Blue Tower is newer; choose a lakeside room because the view is better.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JamieD55
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I made my reservations before I read the negative reviews of this property, so I was nervous prior to arrival. Thank goodness, Kimberly maintained a professional and friendly demeanor during check-in. The casino was clean and well-maintained. The Options buffet, however, is in need of better upkeep as far as vacuuming under the dining tables. The food was tasty but not quite as varied as the buffet at Four Winds.
When we entered our room in the Spa Tower, we immediately noticed a few areas which were overlooked by the housekeeper. These areas were re-cleaned immediately after a call to front the desk and a visit by a housekeeping supervisor. Otherwise, the room we had was decent and the property is a compliment to the working class town of Michigan City.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrsT907
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here on a weekend day for the night. We live in a southwest Chicago suburb & this Casino & Hotel is only an hour away from our home. The hotel and casino are both very clean and comfortable, and a good value. We booked the hotel through their website, and found a promotion including the room and breakfast. It was a nice getaway for the weekend and and well within our budget.

• Stayed: March 2014