“Great one night stay”

Blue Chip Casino and Hotel
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Michigan City
“Great one night stay”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here on our way to Chicago and the hot tub and fitness center were way too hot but everything else was perfect!!!!!!! This was a nice hotel I just wish more restaurants were closer to it!!!! Awesome stay!!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Korean first
Jenison, Michigan
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed in the blue spa tower(the newer tower) and it was nicer than some of the hotels I have stayed at in Las Vegas. It is completely modern and feels brand new! I will be staying there quite a bit in the future. I ate at The Game twice and both meals were delicious. I also ate the sunday brunch at the buffet and it was not as good. I have defintetly had much better breakfast buffets. If you want snacks for your room you will have to drive to a local gas station to get them as the little gift shop in the casino has a tiny selection(if you can call the small $0.25 bag of chips a selection.) The hotel room itself though was great and the casino host is pretty generious about comping rooms. (or maybe I just gamble too much, idk)

Room Tip: Blue Spa Tower rooms are much nicer and newer than Blue Chip Tower rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank degen97
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We arrived and were assigned to a room -- Solara King -- that was supposed to have a view of Lake Michigan -- we got a view of the parking lot and garage. Our room -- on my usual side of the bed -- did not have a plug for my CPAP. The solution from the staff was to learn to sleep on the other side of the bed or drape an industrial extension cord. I spoke with Jack -- the hotel supervisor -- who displayed zero interest in trying to correct these issues. I suggested a room change to no avail. When I told him that we were considering leaving, he said fine, just drop the key cards off at the front desk.

We left and went to St. Louis where we had an absolutely terrific experience at Hotel Lumiere. If you have a choice, then chose anyplace else.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else. I recomend Hotel Lumiere in St. Louis!!!!!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Cincylawyer M
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at Blue Chip Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to Blue Chip. As Director of Hotel Operations I was very disappointed to read about the condition of your room and the lack of service/empathy given to you by our Front Desk Management team. I would welcome an opportunity to discuss the events in more detail. Feel free to contact me so we may discuss this matter further.

Travellers are raving about these Michigan City hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We did not stay in the Spa tower we stayed in the older part of the hotel the blue chip tower. When we got to our room we checked the bed and found a stain on the blanket. They did come to change it. Also, our room had a smell and was not very clean. The pool area was ok when we went down the first time. But, the second time we went down it was dirty and had towels all over and had something floating in one of the hot tubs. The Casino was small and smelled like smoke and the slot machines were not paying out. The food at Vegas baby was just ok for the price we had a pizza. The Deli that they have open all night is high priced for the food. We had the buffet for breakfast and did not enjoy the food. We were glad that the breakfast was included in the room price. We did get an ok price for it being a Thursday night we paid $80.00 for the room. If we paid $30.00 more we could had stayed in the Blue tower the newer part of the Hotel. But, we did not think the hotel was worth the extra money for one night. It is close to Chicago area if you are going for a short trip. I would not stay more then one night and I would stay in the Blue Spa tower the newer part. Maybe if you stay in one of those rooms you will like it better then we did. We do not think this hotel was anything like the web site. The website made it to look and sound better then it was. The one plus is that it is close to the Lighthouse outlet mall if you like to shop.

Room Tip: Stay in the Blue spa Tower the newer part of the Hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jackie B
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at Blue Chip Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. We apologize that the room cleanliness and the quality of the food at the buffet were not in keeping with our usual high service standards. We make every effort to make each guests stay a delightful one. We continually monitor our guest services and your input is very helpful in improving our products and services. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you personally if you would contact our Hotel Director.
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Traveled for our anniversary in October 2013. We upgraded to the "Spa Level" which was worth the extra money - the view would have been amazing if it wasn't for the factories. Hotel was very clean and fresh! The casino portion was a typical casino. The food options were ok - I would go else where for breakfast, I was not impressed for the price paid.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Spa Level!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank flobberbobber
Waterville, Ohio
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights for a work-related conference. I am not a gambler, so the casino was not the reason for my visit. The non-smoking king-bed hotel room on floor 15 of the Blue tower was very nice. I requested a lakeside room, because the view of the lake was more appealing than the view of Michigan City. Even so, the view of the lake included the Northern Indiana electrical power plant and a nuclear reactor. If I squinted, and if it was a clear day, I could see the Chicago skyline across the lower curve of Lake Michigan. The room was clean and very spacious. There was a refrigerator, which is always appreciated in any hotel. The bathroom was very large with a walk-in shower. The bed was comfortable. The wireless worked well. The TV was large plasma flat screen with Chicago channels. Some of the furniture looked worn. The conference center on the main floor was away from the restaurants and casino; therefore we didn't have to endure the smell of cigarette smoke in our meetings. I probably wouldn't stay here again unless I have to attend another conference here, because the only other reason to stay here is to gamble.

Room Tip: Blue Tower is newer; choose a lakeside room because the view is better.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JamieD55
Homewood, Illinois
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I made my reservations before I read the negative reviews of this property, so I was nervous prior to arrival. Thank goodness, Kimberly maintained a professional and friendly demeanor during check-in. The casino was clean and well-maintained. The Options buffet, however, is in need of better upkeep as far as vacuuming under the dining tables. The food was tasty but not quite as varied as the buffet at Four Winds.
When we entered our room in the Spa Tower, we immediately noticed a few areas which were overlooked by the housekeeper. These areas were re-cleaned immediately after a call to front the desk and a visit by a housekeeping supervisor. Otherwise, the room we had was decent and the property is a compliment to the working class town of Michigan City.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Michigan City
Holiday Inn Express New Buffalo
Baymont Inn & Suites Michigan City
Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo

Been to Blue Chip Casino and Hotel? Share your experiences!