All reviewssports barnew towervegas babyolder towerfloor to ceiling windowstable gameswalk in showerview of lake michiganparking garagelas vegasget awaynice showerrooms are niceoutlet mallstayed one nightking roomwashington park
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed for one evening on 5/12/14. Every single staff member from the front desk, to the restaurant, spa, casino and valet were extremely friendly and helpful. The original suite we booked was in the Blue Chip Tower and we soon found out that you could smoke in there even though we booked non-smoking. The hotel was very nice in switching our room to the newer Spa Blue Tower which had truly non-smoking rooms. Our suite did not have a tub that we wanted but the shower was a delight. The slots were loose that night so we even won a little cash! We went to the spa the following morning and that was one of the nicest spa experiences I have had in a long time. I would drive there just to go to this spa. The hotel was nicely located to nearby attractions and we will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Make sure if you want nonsmoking that you are very clear in your request.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Read the reviews after making our reservations and was a bit concerned since we were staying on the 'old' side of the hotel. But it was just fine. Nice, clean, quiet! The casino is a bit smoky smelling, Duh, but the rest of the hotel, including restaurants and shops are not smoky at all! Liked it here.. Would come back!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

I reviewed this property a year ago and I'm happy to find that it is still very nice.
The customer service is outstanding at the Blue Chip. Thank you to Alex and the rest of the front desk staff.
The rooms in the spa tower are my favorites. They are decorated modern amnesties.
The shower is large. Room touch control lighting.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Travel46804
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the blue spa tower for what we had read were nice rooms and they were. A Nice, clean, and large room greeted us upon check in. The valet was a joke. You drop your car off at the front door and are required to walk to the rear of the hotel to pick it up. The walk would be shorter to just park yourself. The only entry requires a very long walk from parking to your room. It is a logistical nightmare. If you are disabled I would recommend avoiding this hotel. The pool and hot tubs require you to walk across the entire building and by several restaurants and shops. It was too much work for us to enjoy. Most of the restaurants and stores were closed. The buffet was decent for breakfast and dinner. Pies and puddings were left out too long and developed a crust. Staff was friendly and things were clean.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed for 2 nights at the Blue Chip - we stayed in the Spa Tower. I booked the room BEFORE I read reviews on Tripadvisor.com. I must say, I was a little nervous as the reviews are mixed...However, our room (1867) was very nice and we were pleasantly surprised. The king size bed was comfortable, the room was clean, pillows met our needs. Had free Wi-Fi, which is a must for me, and the bathroom was supersized. The water pressure and temperature was perfect. The shower was large enough for both of us at the same time and had a nice bench in it. The toilet is in its own little room, portioned off with a sliding door. My only negative, and its not a biggie, is the dim lighting in the bathroom. Other than that, I would recommend this room. We utilized the hot tub, which was in the basement of the older Blue Chip Tower. 2 tubs -- one was not working properly. The pool area was a little dingy, but it was functional. We mistakenly went to the Spa, which was in our tower, looking for the hot tub. The receptionist was snooty...This was our only negative encounter with a staff member. We ordered room service for breakfast. It too was better than I expected. The reviews I located for the dining facilities were not positive, but our breakfast was great. There are a lot of dining options in the area -- both chain and non chain. The Lighthouse Point outlets are near by. Some say with in walking distance, but frankly it would be a long walk. The Outlets are nice and worth the visit. Pricewise, I would say the room was a little on the high side of pricing. However, you really don't have too many decent hotel options in the area. Also worth noting is that our room had floor to ceiling windows. Some folks complain about the view -- keep in mind, there isn't anything here to see! It's not like your on the beach and your on the wrong side, missing a beautiful sunset. Pulling back the drapery allowed for the bright sunshine to shine in -- we loved that aspect.

Room Tip: Stay in the Spa Tower.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple