All reviews sports bar new tower vegas baby older tower floor to ceiling windows table games view of lake michigan walk in shower parking garage las vegas get away nice shower rooms are nice outlet mall stayed one night king room washington park
Reviewed 13 November 2017

Had Great time at the Blue Chip! We had a great room and everything was clean and loved the $7.77 buffet on Friday morningso. The Blue Chip is close to the Dunes, other nature sites and the outlet mall.

Stayed: October 2017
Sarah S, Manager at Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear Anna,
Thank you for choosing Blue Chip Casino and for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your positive comments and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Spent 3 nights here and it was excellent. I arrived 2 hours prior to check in time, my king bed room wasn't ready yet. Verneida at the front desk went above and beyond to find a room available immediately. She found a 2 queen room which was fine with me. I always request a room near the elevator, my room was one door down. Perfect!
The room was immaculate, clean and dust free. Bathroom looked brand new. Housekeeping did a fantastic job, giving me fresh linens , towels,extra coffee every day. I have become a room "snob" in recent years and couldn't find one thing wrong.
Special thanks to Verneida and to Mary at the front desk who put through an urgent call from home
All employees were smiling and friendly with the exception of 2 other front desk people who need serious attitude adjustments. Great trip and I will go back.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Sue49321
Sarah S, Manager at Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear Sue49321,
Thank you for your recent visit to Blue Chip Casino. Thank you also for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear that the room was immaculate and that Verneida and Mary took such great care of you! I do apologize for the clerks that did not give the exceptional service that we expect and am hoping you may reach out to us to provide a little more detail so that we are able to follow up. Would you please contact our Hotel Manager at 888-879-7711? Thank you!

Reviewed 5 November 2017

I booked a room in the Spa Tower based on the good reviews on trip advisor. Our Room 1052 was very clean, tastefully decorated and quiet. The view overlooked the river and the casino. The bathroom is very nice with a private toilet room. The bed was comfortable and it was quiet during the night. Overall, we enjoyed the hotel, but the casino was very tight. We will stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Sarah S, Manager at Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear MaryKayOwosso,
Thank you for choosing Blue Chip Casino Hotel and Spa and thank you for taking the time to inform us of your visit. We appreciate your kind words regarding the hotel room and hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

I really looked forward to my first stay at the blue chip casino hotel as I had been tot he casino but never had the chance to stay. Upon arriving, my friend and I were almost hit by a valet driving a car because he did not look that we were crossing before putting the car in gear. Then when walking into the building my friend had to use the restroom as we had a long car ride, when approaching the front desk for check in there were two ladies working with no line, we were not even greeted or acknowledged. We had to say something while standing waiting to be acknowledged. When one of the ladies finally looked up, she didn't even smile she just said "over there" while pointing in the direction of the bathrooms. I then proceeded to say "we have a reservation but it is under her name, can we please just preregistration for now?" The lady looked at me, smirked and said I'll need to see the ID and credit card from the name on the reservation. I was appalled at the treatment from this agent she was so rude and didn't even want to make eye contact or speak with me. Her name tag said Lynn. Later that night when we returned to check in there was a line and we checked in quickly and were greeted by a whole new group of staff that were friendly, it was the supervisor on staff I think his name was Quinton, that checked us in and he was so friendly.

The room - the room was just clean enough to not call back down to ask someone to clean or switch rooms. The room had clearly not been inspected before being released for check in. Hairs and coffee stains throughout the bathroom and it was questionable if the toilet had been cleaned because the seat was up.

With the not so welcoming staff and not very clean room, the weekend was only a great time because I had my great friends there which made the things mentioned above seem very small. I would not stay here ever again though, just come and visit the casino/club another time.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Sarah S, Manager at Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Amy,
Thank you for your recent visit to Blue Chip Casino. Thank you also for taking the time to inform us of your visit so that we are able to follow up with our team and correct the deficiencies encountered. I do apologize for the lack of customer service during your initial pass at the Front Desk. Our expectation is that each guest is greeted upon entry of the hotel. We will make sure to follow up with those team members mentioned above to ensure the expectation is being met. I have also forwarded your comments to our Housekeeping Manager regarding the room cleanliness. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly if you would please contact our Hotel Director at 219-861-4831. Thank you.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

my husband and my daughters visited this property for their birthdays we looked forward to coming to Michigan city to celebrate. we got the property around 3pm the line to check in was long once we got the keys the security guard at the elevators was not friendly I spoke to her twice before she would speak I also notice she was not the only one that was not smiling and didn't speak there were several employees who didn't speak.i have brought this to the attention of the manager and still nothing was done but the security guards going into the casino were so nice and friendly.it saddens me that my family and I didn't feel welcome at this property

Room Tip: make sure to bring drinks and fruit
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Johnnie R
Sarah S, Manager at Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear Johnnie R,
Thank you for choosing Blue Chip Casino for your family's birthday celebration. I apologize that you were not provided with the 5 star service that we expect our team members to provide to each and every guest. I have forwarded your comments to our Security Manager for further follow up with his team. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact him at 219-879-7711. Thank you.