“Will stay here again!”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Michigan City
Forest Park, Illinois, United States
“Will stay here again!”
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I stayed here with my children and mother in law, and we had a great stay. We only stayed one night but had excellent service and a good stay overall. I love the beds, I slept like a rock because they were so comfortable. Everything was clean. Breakfast was satisfying to all. The borrow a book thing is great, my daughter really enjoyed that! Staff were friendly. Bathrooms are big and have great lighting. Love the fridge in the rooms. Nothing but good things to say about this place! :)
We come to the area often and will always choose Country Inn

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Nicole H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Indiana
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We visit Michigan City, Indiana several times a year to go to the Casino and also to shop at the Lighthouse Premium Outlet Mall. Earlier this month, my husband, niece, grandniece and my niece-in-law all stayed at the Country Inn. We booked two rooms. The rooms were very nice and spacious with a fridge and a microwave. The rooms and the bathrooms were clean and well-appointed. Fresh baked cookies were available at the front desk for our snacking pleasure when we got back to the hotel late at night. The included breakfast was much more than a standard free breakfast with sausage, egg patties, waffles, biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit and fruit salad, cereals, pastries, etc. We are breakfast eaters and this satisfied all of us. The rates were in line with the lesser hotels in the area. The only negative was that I think the carpet in the rooms may need to be deep-cleaned or replaced. We will continue to stay at the Country Inn and Suites while in the area.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
countryinn1, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Michigan City, responded to this review, 16 November 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey regarding your recent stay with us. On behalf of our entire staff here at Country Inns & Suites we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
Owensboro, KY
Reviewed 30 October 2011

This was a very quiet hotel, small indoor pool, and exercise room. They served complimentary breakfast everyday but I never visited it. Close to shopping and casino. The staff allowed us to check in early, because we were traveling much of the night, and ask for early check in. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Clean, comfortable, excellent breakfast. Best hotel in the area, great value.

• Stayed October 2011
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Overall a good experience. Close to the highway, restaurants and shopping. Kids liked the pool, and we all loved the free breakfast. We found the room and common areas clean, and the service friendly. The only negative for us were the inconsiderate people in the next room allowing the door to slam. We were trying to get an early night, and they must have allowed the door to bang shut 60 times. It was brutal. But we called the front desk, and they took care of it.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
countryinn1, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Michigan City, responded to this review, 13 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very happy that you had a good experience overall. We appreciates all of the reviews we receive, and we hope that we can accommodate you again.
Glace Bay, Canada
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Stayed here on july 5 with my wife. The staff was very helpful and professional. We had a one room suite which was very comfortable and quiet.The room was very clean and modern. The Inn was easy to access off of I-94. Would definitely stay there again when passing through.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
countryinn1, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Michigan City, responded to this review, 8 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very happy that you had a good experience overall. Our team appreciates all of the reviews we receive, and we hope that we can accommodate you again.
Crown Point, Indiana
Reviewed 19 July 2011

I am sitting here at 2:45 a.m. and very uncomfortable because there was a bug on my curtain that I was unable to kill, it ended up on the ceiling or it has a partner who is stalking me. I am a female and alone so no 'male hero' to handle it. They need to spray and they need to fix the sink in this room on the second floor. The water runs down sooooo slow and it is a double bed room. What if I had my family with me, the sink would be a major problem and filthy by the time we all used it. The housekeeping staff obviously does not report plumbing problems. Other than that it is a clean hotel and a clean room, the beds are not the best, but for one night my back will survive.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business