“Always willing to do the little things!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Michigan City
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Michigan City
Washington, DC
“Always willing to do the little things!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

I stay at this hotel frequently for business and decided to bring my family on this business trip. The entire staff was gracious and professional. They always have a kind word and bend over backwards to make the visit as comfortable as possible. The rooms have always been clean and relaxing. The Tv, refrigerator and air units are in excellent condition. The housekeeping staff are professional and accommodating. The breakfast is always better than expected and have always enjoyed my stays. A special thanks the the GM, Mr. Sharma and to Louise for making it An enjoyable Christmas Day in the hotel!

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
countryinn1, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Michigan City, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Thank you so much for the great comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at Country Inn & Suites Michigan City. We are looking forward to seeing you and your friends again in the future.

219-879-3600

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Honor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

We meet here for an annual Christmas gathering with extended family and it works out well.
It is centrally located for parents of the small children.
The owners are wonderful hosts as we take over hotel and conference room for 24 hours.
Cannot say enough good things.

Happy Holidays to them!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
countryinn1, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Michigan City, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next stay.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival after a long drive the manager and clerk greatly me nicely and informed me they upgraded me to a suite, "just because". I was staying mid-week, so the place wasn't too busy. I got a call from the front desk after an hour or so to ask if everything was settled and if I needed anything, how thoughtful.
The room itself had LCD TV's a huge bed with nice linens and plenty of room for me to study.
The lights were a bit dim, but I suspect it's due to the energy saver bulbs used now.
The place was quiet and staff were more than excellent, they also have a very inviting pool on the main floor.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
countryinn1, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Michigan City, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
We deeply appreciate your very positive review of our business. We are very pleased that you got to enjoy many favorite aspects of what we have to offer. It is always most rewarding to hear directly from our customers and especially those willing to provide their positive perspective with the online world and beyond. Please revisit us soon and often.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

Travelling on business is always fun once the first snow hits...yesterday was no excpetion...As I arrive at my first sales meeting..the manager has called in sick...Now I am stuck with 4 hours to kill and can not check in to my hotel until 2 p.m....Decided to work in the lobby and take my chances at checking in...I am immediatley greeted with a smile and 'hello" from manager Louise.
I told her I had reservations and was going to work in the lobby...she asked for my reservation and she immediatley said that my room was not done but she would have servcies get to it immediately...as she watched me work,,she called me over to tell me that she upgarded me to a suite so that I could work more privately in my room..This was quite a surpise..if I would get a hotel to just get my room before 2 pm that would be a treat...this was above all expectations..
I immediatley went to my suite...nice, spacious, clean, no smell...bathroom was imaculate and carpet was clean...15 minutes later I receive a call from Louise asking if there was anything else she could do to make my stay better?....Little did she know...she had already made my day..I was on the internet with very high speed and i was conducting work.
The next morning,,,I went down to clean snow off my car and another young lady at the check in desk asked if i needed gloves or a brush to assist...that was very thoughtful...
I checked out and again..they asked if there was anything else they could do...
This is a nice,place for the family...or the weary traveller like myself...This hotel is the hug you need at the end of a tough day.... and I will be back...

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your recent visit and subsequent wonderful praise. Feedback, especially from such well-spoken customers like you, is not only invaluable to those researching businesses like ours, but is also important to us. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and feedback with us. Thanks again.

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

We had our large family Christmas party here. They helped us move TVs and tables for viewing the B1G Championship game and helped everyone with varying requests throughout the stay. Breakfast for all and decent coffee and cookies in the lobby too ;-)

Stayed December 2013
countryinn1, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Michigan City, responded to this review, 9 December 2013

Country Inn & Suites Michigan City
Crestwood, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have family in the area and have stayed in this hotel too many times to count. It has always been on the weekends. I am retired military and have always gotten a military discount when staying there. Today I called and they would not give me the military rate because it was a "weekend." Its not a bad place to stay but its nothing special either. Hey folks, it is Friday morning and you have rooms available for Friday night. I will be enjoying my discounted room around the corner. Hope you fill your empty rooms. Happy Veteran's day!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Brown6613
countryinn1, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Michigan City, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you for your review. As the General Manager of country inn and suites it can be difficult to hear critical feedback, since we care so much about our customers and want to provide value and satisfaction for every one of them. However, I believe we can always improve, so I will share your thoughts with our team to see how we can enhance our customer experience in the future.

Country Inn and Suites
Mount Solon, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

The Country Inn & Suites in Michigan City, was a little confusing getting into, but nothing too distracting. The rooms were nice and the beds comfortable. Breakfast was the usual great meal we've come to expect from Country Inn and Suites, but we were disappointed that it was not served on the normal Country Inn dinnerware, but instead on disposable plates and silverware.Staff that we talked with were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank PaulieTravels
Thank you for your kind words about country inn and suites Michigan City. It is always a great pleasure to hear that we are serving our customers well. We look forward to serving you again soon.

General Manger
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#9 of 16 in Michigan City
Holiday Inn Express New Buffalo

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Michigan City? Share your experiences!