“staff goes extra mile”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Michigan City
Cincinnati, Ohio
“staff goes extra mile”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed 3 nights. The rooms were average. Clean and neat. The staff was fantastic. I was trying to put my baby to bed so my husband took our 5 year old to the lobby to look at books. The woman at the desk brought them fresh cookies, showed them the lending library, and made them feel right at home and not a bother. She even pretended to be scared while my son "snuck" up on her at the desk. I was concerned they would be in the way but instead of feeling unwelcome she made my family feel at home. We typically stay at Marriotts but will definately consider Country Inn and Suites for the future because of the staff here. Everyone we met was genuinely kind and welcoming.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor 2 rooms from the pool and had no noise issues
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
countryinn1, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Michigan City, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thank you so much for the great comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at Country Inn & Suites Michigan City. We are looking forward to seeing you and your friends again in the future.

219-879-3600

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Salem, AR
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The staff was very nice and the beds were good. Not the pillows. The carpet needed replaced. Mold was apparent. The sheets were worn enough they NEEDED replaced. The location was easy to find. The breakfast was decently fine.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
countryinn1, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Michigan City, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is very unfortunate to see the cleanliness of the room prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Spent 3 Nights here last week. Friendly staff and very clean. Good breakfast as well. A little more money than some of the cheaper places but well worth a few extra dollars per night. Next time traveling will have to look for a Country Inn in that area.

1 Thank MDSFSD
countryinn1, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Michigan City, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very happy that you had a good experience overall. Our team appreciates all of the reviews we receive, and we hope that we can accommodate you again.

Indianapolis
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I selected this property as a base to enjoy the beach over Memorial Day weekend. I could not be more happy with my choice.

Comfortable clean rooms, free wireless internet, free breakfast, indoor pool and hot tub. A short drive to the beach and other sites.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
countryinn1, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Michigan City, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

Saginaw, Michigan
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Our stay was nice here. This was a reasonable price for just a one night stay. Beds were very comfortable and the rooms were very clean. Staff was courteous and friendly. Hot breakfast was tyical, but ok. The breakfast area was a bit on the small side as well but was clean. My son loves to swim so we spent a while down in the pool area, the pool area was very very humid and a bit on the small side. Would stay here again if needed. :)

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd floor, it's quite and away from the pool and the lobby
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
countryinn1, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Michigan City, responded to this review, 13 April 2014

New Haven, Indiana
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stayed recently for our first time to Blue Chip based on reviews. Beautiful facility by pictures and on the exterior. As always. .I check beds etc. The bathroom looked fine until you read below, the room did as well til I opened the closet and the floor was filthy. I turned down the first bed and there were several hairs all over the sheets and pillow cases. I turned down second bed and didn't see anything til I pulled up the top sheet. That's when I found hair of different color and texture. I went down to front desk and the man basically belittled my complaint. I asked for gloves and clean sheets. The clean set he handed me even had a hair in the fold that I immediately pointed out and it was still a joke to this front desk person. I changed the sheets myself and took both bed linens back to the front desk. The next morning I went to pull the shower curtain shut after starting the shower and on top of the curtain was a dirty dry washcloth.
.. We still had the 4 sets of hanging clean towels with washcloths on the rack. A day later, I left a message for the manager regarding my complaints and have yet to hear back. Needless to say. ..there are other hotels.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank JA0406
countryinn1, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Michigan City, responded to this review, 1 March 2014

Chicago
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Every time my husband and I are in Michigan City, we stay at this hotel for a number of reasons. First off, the price is very reasonable, surprisingly so for a Saturday night. Also as important is the fact that it is meticulously clean. The beds are very comfortable, they give you plenty of pillows plus an extra one in the closet. There was a decent spread on the bed and another blanket in the closet. Believe it or not, we've stayed in other Michigan City hotels where there is no blanket on the bed! 2014 is the coldest winter in 35 years. Go figure. Not everyone likes the heat cranked up to 75 while they sleep. I also liked the fact that you can open the window to a certain point for fresh air. Flat screen TV, worked fine. The bathroom was very clean (with a bathtub - we had a handicap accessible room) and the water pressure was good, not just a trickle from the shower head. Kudos to the cleaning staff! Breakfast was also included: hard boiled eggs, some type of egg patty, biscuits and gravy, hot oatmeal, assorted mini muffins, yogurt, bread, and waffle machine. I liked the fact that the orange juice was real orange juice and not watered down orange drink. A welcome change. There is an indoor pool on the first floor and small whirlpool. We did not use either, but it's nice to have the option. Parking is no problem either. This is a real find.

Room Tip: We personally always choose the top floor at the end of the hallway. We are light sleepers so this...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple