“Good value”

Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Michigan City
Granite City, Illinois
“Good value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

I've stayed here every summer for 6 years. The staff is friendly and remember me every time I make a reservation. It is an old property and could use some renovations, but it is still a nice place to stay for your money. If you're expecting a Holiday Inn, then you should go stay at a Holiday Inn. If you want a nice place to stay for the money, then you should give it a try. I especially love the fridge/microwave combo which is nice for a motel at this price. Our stay is always quiet and the motel is easy to get to from the highway and close to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

carpets had been vacumed but stains so felt dirty bed not even on a frame but the front desk very nice and helpful and the area on and off highhway good all in all will stay again but know you get what you apy for

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Michigan City hotels

Niles
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

You will get a good rate for a night's stay, but the place is definitely in need of some repair. The staff was very pleasant and easy to work with, the rooms were clean, and the air conditioner worked, but the rooms and the buildings are falling apart. If cheap is what you are after, this is it, but we won't stay there again unless I read some reviews that say the place has been fixed up. Too bad, it was convenient for our travel plans.

Room Tip: From the look of the outside of the buildings, which we didn't see when we arrived at night, I d...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Tecumseh, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed here because they were pet friendly. We had reserved a room that was supposed to be a king bed with a sofa bed. When arrived in the room it was just one bed. As I have an autistic toddler who was sick and needed a bed of his own he didn't get one. When I went up front they said we don't have sofa beds. When I showed them that my reservation said that they tracked one down but didn't bring it. When I went later they said it was going to be there in the morning. I asked what good that would do. was my son supposed to sleep on the floor. I asked to speak with the manager and the lady finally changed the room to a room with 2 double beds. They would just put someone in a different room. I than asked for a refrigerator too as my son was on antibiotic and it had to be refrigerated. Took them till late in the 2nd day to get us to the refrigerator. We had to put the antibiotic over ice. It was an okay room but the service was terrible.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

Dirty carpeting, Bathroom door had been kicked in and the jam and door not replaced, a 6 to 8 in hole in the wall, TV was just Snow, dead bugs in the light, light diffuser broken and hanging, sink drain stopper would not hold, hot water would boil you or it was pee warm.

Room Tip: Don't Stay Here!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
St. Augustine, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

Stayed here twice in one month. Both times I had a room with a totally plugged toilet. Staff gave me a plunger that was broken. Thus no toilet usable in room. The second stay I had a bed without a frame. Boxspring and matress were on the floor. Room next to me partied out front of my room until 3 AM. Hotel staff said "well, these things happen."
Stay anywhere but here!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank B T
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012 via mobile

Prior to the stay my boyfriend reserved a double bed room on-line.when checking into the inn, the woman at the front desk said all the double rooms were full and he could have a king size with jacuzzi tub. The room cost 100, and was not worth the money at all.
It was disgusting. The tub or drains would make loud noises every 15mins. I didnt get any sleep. The bedmattress was very lopsided and uncomfortable. The pillows were flat. The temp in the room wouldnt be controlled right. One minute it would be extremly hot the next freezing.
If youre going to pay 100$ you might as well stay at a nice hotel.

• Stayed September 2012