“Two Knight's Stands”
Review of King's Inn

King's Inn
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Michigan City
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I got what I paid for. Not the best hotel, but it was the cheapest one I could find. Room 433 had its main light out.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Knights Inn

Reviewed 22 February 2014

If you read nothing else in my review, read this: look for another hotel.
I've never given a 1 out of 5 rating to a hotel I've stayed at until now.
My girlfriend and I drive long days so we don't spend much time in a hotel and we don't have high standards. This hotel was NOT worth the $50.00 we paid - we booked the room online, so we couldn't get a refund. One of the best decisions and $50.00 we ever spent was leaving this hotel.
The front staff were friendly. I can say that's the only thing good thing about the place.
We waited an hour to check in.
The owner or manager was there while this was happening - having beers and a barbeque with his friends.
There were no lights in the parking lot outside of our room.
Someone had punched a hole in the wall of our room - no effort to cover it up or repair it.
The plastic light covers were broken and yellowed.
A few lights in the room didn't work.
Like I said - I don't expect much from a hotel. The goal of my reviews is to offer an objective opinion - a new, scathing review of a hotel posted after I've booked can cause me anxiety.
I don't take things personally but this hotel is not safe and in major need of renovations and new ownership/management.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, request a room near the lobby. The back lot is dark and sketchy.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This motel is due for a major update with repairs. After a long drive, we checked in late and went to eat. When we got back we discovered several things in the room. The smoke alarm was disarmed, there was part of the ceiling open with exposed wires. To get the light over the sink to come on, you had to plug it in. There was an opening in the ceiling in the bathroom The curtains had masking tape over a rip. There were hairs on the sheets and even though the evening manager insisted the sheets were clean, she did give us clean sheets to put on the bed. This motel is on the less expensive side, but we should have checked the room before it was too late to go to a different motel. The only plus was it was a good mattress to sleep on.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2013

The worst place I've ever stayed hands down. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. the carpet was so filthy, I was afraid to walk on it with my barefeet. the shower was moldy. there was a hole in the wall where the door opened. the sink was moldy. we would have been better off sleeping in car. the mattress was uncomfortable and the pillows were like pancakes. the place should be torn down. there is a reason why there were vacancies. I guess it serves me right for waiting till the last minute. this place does not even deserve half a star. this place turned our really fun day into a nightmare.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank d09a12
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Tonight we attempted to stay at Knights Inn, Michigan City Indiana. It was the only hotel with a vacancy in the area. Due to the low price we did not expect too much. Check in was long as the clerk made a copy of my drivers license. We could hear her arguing with staff or friend. As we drove to our room it looked like an inner city housing project as people were out in the parking lot at midnight. Went to our room opened the door to find the lights on and the beds were not made up. It was obvious that housekeeping had not visited the room. We didn't get past the door and cancelled our nights stay and drove over 100 mile to go home to our clean bed.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LHB761
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I've stayed here every summer for 6 years. The staff is friendly and remember me every time I make a reservation. It is an old property and could use some renovations, but it is still a nice place to stay for your money. If you're expecting a Holiday Inn, then you should go stay at a Holiday Inn. If you want a nice place to stay for the money, then you should give it a try. I especially love the fridge/microwave combo which is nice for a motel at this price. Our stay is always quiet and the motel is easy to get to from the highway and close to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2013

carpets had been vacumed but stains so felt dirty bed not even on a frame but the front desk very nice and helpful and the area on and off highhway good all in all will stay again but know you get what you apy for

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple