“Awful”
Review of King's Inn

King's Inn
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Michigan City

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Geneva, Illinois
Reviewed 27 March 2014

The Patel's took over on Halloween, 2013.

They fired all of the staff.

The only ice machine does nit work, nor does the Internet/WI-FI.

The maintenance man, Dave, IS A Drug Pusher/Addict.

Avoid this place like the PLAGUE.......

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank GARY M
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

I honestly don't have high standards when it comes to lodging. But this place is just NASTY!!! Bits of food & garbage on the floor, most of the drop ceiling is gone, all the linens look dirty, there was no way I was going to sniff them. We got a 2 bed room. It has 2 pillows. Light fixtures missing. Funky smell. Missing headboard. Only a nasty, thin coverlet on the bed. The microwave is on a nightstand. Almost no channels. I don't even want to pee in here let alone sleep in here so no idea on quality of shower. Towels look dirty & crunchy. Mystery holes in walls & ceiling. Let's just say I can't wait to get the h-e-double-hockey-sticks out of here in the morning. I won't be using the blankets & I'm going to be sleeping with my jacket hood UP. Just YUCK! I have a feeling the + reviews are from staff...

Stayed March 2014

Travellers are raving about these Michigan City hotels

Show Low, Arizona
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

We checked in in the evening hours and payer for a week long stay. The room was freezing so we left for a few hours to visit family. By the time we got back it was late and that's when we noticed the condition of the room. There was rotting door left in the refrigerator, a taco bell wrapper in the drawer of the night stand with a half eaten whatever it was. The rest of the room looked like it had not been cleaned at all. I contemplated checking out and going somewhere else but it was late and my kids were tired. While they slept I cleaned the room to my standards. I took pictures of the mess to the manager the next morning and he assured me I would be compensated but he would need to run it by the owners first. I understand that the property is older and run down but the price was better than the others. I had fully intended to stay for the duration of my vacation which would've been three weeks. Well that is had the manager contacted me and made things right but he failed to do so. The weekly housekeeping service consisted of moving the shower curtain and leaving a spare roll of toilet paper. No towels! We were only given two towels, a bath mat and a hand towel to begin with. There are a multitude of people "living" in the hotel and two rooms down from me a gentleman with a restricted breed who informed me that if my very tame and well mannered boarder collie came near him his dog would kill help. Great for a place where families come I guess. The guest laundry is descent but unkept and the trash is overflowing. The lobby was beautiful I have to say and the staff were very nice. I cannot comment on the continental breakfast as I refused to try it. Like I said, had the manager made things right I would've been happy to stay but it amused me how shocked he was that I was checking out instead of staying an additional two weeks. I will never stay here again and I will never recommend this place to anyone. This place is for transients that cannot or will not get an actual apartment. My room was nonsmokers but burn marks all over the bathroom sink tell me otherwise. I am not happy with my overall experience whatsoever and hope for the sake of the owners that they do something more to ensure their guests have a quality stay.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family