“Best place in Michigan City” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clarion Inn Michigan City

Clarion Inn Michigan City
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Michigan City
Springfield, Illinois
“Best place in Michigan City”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Nice clean hotel – great pool area for the kids and adults alike. Best hotel we have found in the area. Staff is friendly and helpful. Nothing fancy, but good value for families and/ or groups of families.

Room Tip: It can get a little noisy if you have a room by the pool – we stayed here two different times on our...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tischjaat
Clarion Inn M, General Manager at Clarion Inn Michigan City, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
We appreciate your time in evaluating our property. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The pool and oasis area are very nice and spacious and perfect for any kind of gathering. We look forward to accommodating you in the future! Thank you

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

This Clarion is the best hotel in the area. The rooms were a good size and it was a quiet night. We slept very well. The hotel had a very nice size pool and hot tub. Breakfast was very good. The hotel was very close to the highway and to Indiana dunes.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank EaglesFan27
Clarion Inn M, General Manager at Clarion Inn Michigan City, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with everyone. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us! We hope to see you again in the near future.
Mishawaka, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We had a suit that was very spacious and so clean. All of the employees were so helpful and kind. My family felt very welcomed by all of the staff and would definitely return and suggest this hotel to others. we needed extra blankets and asked for a fan, as well as extra towels and toiletries and all of these items were provided in our room before we had ever arrived! The indoor pool was clean and inviting. The breakfast was nicely presented and very good. A little something for everyone. We stayed at this hotel because we were in town for a cheerleading competition and it was conviently located off of the highway and near shopping, restaurants and our venue.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank AmberNemeth
Clarion Inn S, General Manager at Clarion Inn Michigan City, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We have been working hard to improve on our customer service and the overall image of the property. We've made many changes in these past months and are always delighted to hear when a customer acknowledges that. Although we are a chain hotel we offer a one-on-one experience that makes you feel welcome. We appreciate your observations and hope to accommodate you again in the future!
Peotone, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

The hotel is clean and kept. Our room was standard double beds, and the shower/bath is so nice. The only complaint I had was that I did not check the bathtub immediately after check-in, and the bath tub flooded during my shower. My bed was a little stiff, but that's not something to complain about as I am picky about mattresses. It could use some decor updates around the halls, but I don't really care much about that. As far as cleanliness and safety is concerned, I was satisfied. The breakfast wasn't anything spectacular, but it would do if you are okay with a few pastries, yogurt and (I think I remember) waffles.

Room Tip: Always check the bath tub / shower immediately at check-in to see if you need maintenance.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Kristina C
Clarion Inn S, General Manager at Clarion Inn Michigan City, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
We appreciate your time in offering us feedback for the property. I apologize, at times the small shampoo bottles can become lodged in the drain pipe. It isn't always noticeable when cleaning as the water does not run as long as it does with a bath or shower. I am in the process of locating good drain covers to prevent this in the future. We've recently changed our breakfast items several times in a effort to find that right "mix" to satisfy all of our guests needs. I appreciate your time and hope to accommodate you again in the future!
New York City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

We got a room on the first floor, it was clean and since we were only there as a stopover, it did the job. The rooms are a little dated looking. The breakfast was quite good for a budget hotel. It is right off the highway and near a lot of restaurants too.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nadir S
Clarion Inn S, General Manager at Clarion Inn Michigan City, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to accommodating you in the future!
Lafayette, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Wow. Was sooo surprised to see this previous Holiday Inn that I used to take my children to over the years change hands. That being said, as I lay here in this god forsaken bed w no A C and a fan that the front desk brought me without asking for and my 13 yr old son afraid and wondering what happened to the place I can't help but want my money back and wish I would've stayed anywhere else but here. It was $100. It is totally a $40. Room. If that. This room is knights inn quality. I'm calling corporate first thing Monday morning. Don't stay here. Safety is questionable.

Stayed March 2014
Clarion Inn S, General Manager at Clarion Inn Michigan City, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Please contact me directly: tstewartclarion@gmail.com Thank you

Travellers are raving about these Michigan City hotels

Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

If I could give a negative rating, I would. This will need to suffice... I could not find a working ice machine anywhere. Even though the hotel was almost completely empty, I was put as far away from the front desk as possible... this hotel had a nice atrium with rooms that faced inside. And finally, when I had difficulty connecting to the internet and called the provider for assistance, I was informed the hotel had not paid its bill and was cut off from service. The only bright spot was the lady who took care of the patron ( me only ) at the breakfast bar.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Clarion Inn S, General Manager at Clarion Inn Michigan City, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are in the process of ordering ice machines for the hotel. The internet bill had been paid and it was their error as they stated when I spoke with them that evening. The internet was active again within hours. I apologize this was your experience and we will use your comments to better our service in the future. Thank you.